Swami Sumedhanand Saraswati
|The author of this article is Laxman Burdak.|
Swami Sumedhanand Saraswati (स्वामी सुमेधानन्द सरस्वती) is a reputed Saint at Vedic Ashram in village Piprali in Rajasthan. He is Member of Parliament (2014) from Sikar. He is Member of Lok Sabha from Parliamentary Constituency Sikar (Rajasthan ). He won election as Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) candidate in 2014 and 2019.
- Father's Name: Shri Maya Ram Arya (Dhaka). Born in Barak Gotra of Baland Rohtak but adopted in Dhaka family
- Mother's Name: Smt. Bharti Devi
- Date of Birth: 01 Oct 1951
- Place of Birth: Baland, Rohtak, Haryana
- Marital Status: Unmarried
- Educational Qualifications: Darshanacharya, M.A. (Sanskrit)
- Educated at Dayanand Sanskrit Mahavidyalaya, Dinanagar, Punjab; and Meerut University, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh
- Profession: Social Service
- May 2014: Elected to 16th Lok Sabha
- 1 Sep. 2014 onwards : Member, Standing Committee on Human Resource Development
- 15 Sep. 2014 onwards:
- Member, Committee on Ethics,
- Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Agriculture
- Member, Hindi Salahkar Samiti, Ministry of Human Resource Development
- 23 May 2019 : Elected to 17th Lok Sabha.
- Brahmacharya Sandesh, detailed description of Brahmacharya Sukta of Veda;
- Presented Research papers in different forum;
- Has been editing various weekly and monthly magazines;
- Published articles in various magazines.
- Literary Artistic & Scientific Accomplishments
- Besides studying Sanskrit language, has keen interest in literature and the Science of Yajna
Social And Cultural Activities
- Associated with many Social Organisations since 1975;
- Associated with Rashtriya Swayam Sewak Sangh from School and College days;
- Held the posts of State level General Secretary and State level President in various organisations of Arya Samaj;
- Holding the post of executive President of Sarvdeshik Arya Pratinidhi Sabha;
- working in the field of education through various educational and other organisations. *Had an interest in drama during the school and college days.
- To educate the youth and imbibing social and moral values in them;
- Has special interest in Yoga;
- Launched special drive for de-addiction in rural areas; also has keen interest in Jan Jagran and to serve Cow Progeny.
Sports and Clubs
- Special interest in Yoga, Wrestling and Football;
- Participated in State level competitions in school and Inter-University competitions during college days
• Armenia, • Austria, • France, • Germany, • Holland, • Italy, • Mauritius, • New Zealand, • Russia and • Switzerland
Visited foreign centres for cultural studies and propagating Vedic culture
Has religious bent of mind since childhood, left home in 1972 to study Sanskrit, while studying Sanskrit, undertook teaching also for eight years, took `Diksha` from Swami Sarvanandji in 1984 and became `Sanyasi`; while doing social work, got associated with BJP in 1989; Participated in movements like "Save Cow" (Gauraksha) and "Prohibition of liquor" etc.; played active role in J.P. Movement also.
- Present Address: 163, South Avenue, New Delhi-110 011
- Tel : (011) 23794748, 09013869341 (M)
- Permanent Address: Vedic Ashram, Piprali, Vill. and P.O. Piprali, Distt. Sikar, Rajasthan
- Tel : (01572) 226300, 09928470131 (M)
- M.P. Office Sikar : 01572 259000
- Email Address : email@example.com
Swami Sumedhanand Saraswati at Gramin Mahila Shikshan Sansthan Sikar:Delivering Lecture
Swami Sumedhanand Saraswati at Gramin Mahila Shikshan Sansthan Sikar
सूरजमल से लें एकजुटता की प्रेरणा:दैनिक भास्कर सीकर, 26.12.2015
Back to The Reformers