(22) Mihir: This clan is equated with the Maitraka clan of Vallabhi. Fleet held that Bhattaraka Maitraka belonged to a sun-worshipping people of foreign region. So far he is right. But he further suggested that Toramana and Mihiragula were from the Mihir clan. This view has been supported by others; But Toramana and Mihiragula have expressly stated on their coins that their clan was Jauvala and, therefore, they cannot belong to the Mihira clan, which is a separate clan of the Jats, and Mehrauli is named after them.
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. म-80
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu,p.56,s.n. 2068
- Bhim Singh Dahiya :Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study)/Appendices/Appendix III, p.334, s.n.38
- A.C. Rose:'Tribes and Castes', Vol. III, p. 45
- Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study)/Appendices/Appendix III,p.340
Back to Jat gotras