|Author: Laxman Burdak IFS (R)|
- For village see Dhuma Patiala
Mention by Panini
Bhim Singh Dahiya mentions that The inscription of Chaluka Virdhavla and Som Singh Parmar of 1287 VS speaks, "From the sacrificial altar of Vashishtha sprang, up their ancestor Paramara. In that family there was first Dhuma Raja and then Dhann-Dhuka (Dhandhuka) ..."
Adi Parva, Mahabharata/Mahabharata Book I Chapter 66 gives genealogy of all the principal creatures. Dhumra (धूम्र) is mentioned in Mahabharata verse (I.60.18). ...Dhara and the truth-knowing Dhruva were born of Dhumra...
Shalya Parva, Mahabharata/Book IX Chapter 44 mentions the ceremony for investing Kartikeya with the status of generalissimo, the diverse gods, various clans who joined it. Dhumra (धूम्र) is mentioned in verse (IX.44.59).
Bhisma Parva, Mahabharata/Book VI Chapter 10 describes geography and provinces of Bharatavarsha. Dhumatya (धूमत्या) River is mentioned in verse (VI.10.23). ....of Dhumatya, and Atikrishna, and Suchi, and Chhavi, and Kaurava, of Sadanira, and Adhrishya, and the mighty stream Kushadhara; (VI.10.23);
Vana Parva, Mahabharata/Book III Chapter 82 mentions Tirthas. Dhumavati (धूमावती) Tirtha is mentioned in verse (III.82.20)..... One should next proceed to the tirtha of Dhumavati(धूमावती) (III.82.20). Fasting there for three nights, one obtaineth, without doubt, all the wishes cherished by him. To the southern half of this spot of the Goddess, there is, a tirtha called Rathavarta(रथावर्त) (III.82.21).
- V. S. Agrawala: India as Known to Panini, 1953, p.503
- V. S. Agrawala: India as Known to Panini, 1953, p.509
- India as Known to Panini, p.74
- V. S. Agrawala: India as Known to Panini, 1953, p.511
- V. S. Agrawala: India as Known to Panini, 1953, p. 74
- Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study)/Relationship with the Aryans,p.101
- EI, Vol. XX, p, 71.
- धूम्रायाश च धरः पुत्रॊ बरह्म विद्यॊ ध्रुवस तथा (I.60.18)
- पुत्र मेषः परवाहश च तदा नन्दॊपनन्दकौ, धूम्रः शवेतः कलिङ्गश च सिद्धार्थो वरदस तदा (IX.44.59)
- धूमत्याम अतिकृष्णां च सूचीं छावीं च कौरव, सदानीराम अधृष्यां च कुश धारां महानदीम (VI.10.23)
- धूमावतीं ततॊ गच्छेत तरिरत्रॊपॊषितॊ नरः, मनसा परार्थितान कामाँल लभते नात्र संशयः (III.82.20)