Khari Karamsotan Inscription of Tola Sardar (Loyal) v.s. 1565 (1508 AD)
There is an inscription on this pond dated bhadwa sudi 8 samvat 1565 (1508 AD). On this stone there is a statue of Tola chieftain with all five weapons with him. Standing before him is chhadidar or chobadr. Kistana, Dhololav etc are ponds near Khari village, which were constructed by the ancestors of Tola, reflecting the richness of this clan. He had a huge wealth. The capital of Tola sardar was at Khari village in Nagaur pargana. A pond in the west of village was named ‘Torana’ (तोराणा) after him. 
We need to identify this Khari village. Our search shows that there are two villages named Khari in Nagaur district.
- Khari Karamsotan (खारी कर्मसोता) is a village in Nagaur tehsil & district of Rajasthan.
- Khari Jodha village in Jayal tehsil of Nagaur district in Rajasthan.
About 250 years back 7 Lol brothers moved from Khari. One settled at Ghevara village in Jodhpur district, two settled at Bhunka village in Barmer district and three brothers settled at Bijariya Bavri village in Jodhpur district.
Their Bhomia and Junjhar are situated in village Khari Karamsotan near Nagaur. Bhomia is offered meat and Junjhar is offered Daliya in Prasada. Tradition tells us that their Junjhar was struggling to get back cows stolen by the enemies and he sacrificed his life at village Bethwasiya.
- Population of Khari Karamsotan according to Census 2001 was 2224 (Males: 1110; Females: 1114).
- According to Census-2011 information:
- With total 571 families residing, Khari Karamsotan village has the population of 2827 (Males: 1451; Females: 1376)
- Information about Khari Karamsotan village - villageinfo.in website
- Flickr Geo Location of Khari Karamsotan
- Thakur Deshraj: Jat Itihas (Hindi), Maharaja Suraj Mal Smarak Shiksha Sansthan, Delhi, 1934, 2nd edition 1992, p.608
- Poonam Ram Lol - Originally from village Bijariya Bavri (Tah:osia, Jodhpur), Address:02, Abhaygarh Scheme, Near Air Force School No.1, Jodhpur-342001. Phone - 0291-2614805, Mob- 9414133806
Back to Jat Villages