Narela (नरेला) is a vast village in North Delhi previously with three pannas Mamoor Pur, Paposiya and Udhyan. It has a railway station in its name. Its original name is Narela Sarai but local people still call Nanera. Mamoor Pur panna in Narela Village made a separate village because it is very big area. Now Narela Village has only two pannas - Paposia and Udhyan
- Khatri: Basically, it was a village of Khatri gotra Jats but now many other gotra families may be residing in its proximity, due to rapid urbanisation.
- Kanak Singh Khatri Jagirdar from Narela
- Swami Omanand Sarswati (1910 - 2003) (स्वामी ओमानन्द सरस्वती) was a freedom fighter, educationist, historian and a social worker from Haryana in India. He was born in March 1910 in village ‘Narela’ near Delhi. His father was Chaudhari Kanak Singh, of 'Khatri' gotra very big Zamindar during the time of Mughals and Britishers.
- Chaudhary Deepchand Khatri son of Bharat Singh Khatri was the Numberdaar and cousin of Swami Omanand Sarswati
- Neeldaman Khatri - MLA from Narela vidhan Sabha , Delhi
- Himanshu Khatri: IRS C&CE 2014 batch, presently under training, From Narela, Delhi, M: 9818323839
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Chapter III (Page 297)
Back to Jat Villages