Ram Chander Bainda
Ram Chand Bainda(or Benda), born at Khabra Kalan, District Hisar (Haryana),(7 February 1946). In 1999, he won the Faridabad Lok Sabha seat for the third time consecutively defeating his nearest Congress rival by a margin of 34,248 votes.
- 1980 onwards: Member, State Executive Committee, Bharatiya Janata Party (B.J.P.),Haryana
- 1996: Elected to 11th Lok Sabha
- 1996-98: Member, Committee on Defence
- 1998: Re-elected to 12th Lok Sabha (2nd term)
- 1998-99: Member, Committee on Agriculture,Member, Committee on Private Members’ Bills and Resolutions Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Defence
- 1999: Re-elected to 13th Lok Sabha (3rd term)
- 1999-2000: Member, Committee on Private Members’ Bills and Resolutions Member, Committee on Petroleum and Chemicals
- 2000 onwards : Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Tourism and Department of Culture
Social and Cultural Activities
Working for the improvement of status of people of weaker sections of society; ardent advocate of anti-dowry and anti-sati- partha; supporter of total prohibition with a view to save the lives of people and their families from ruin; associated with a number of social, cultural and literary organisations engaged in constructive activities for the uplift of the downtrodden,eradication of illiteracy and untouchability,rural development, electrification of villages, construction of link roads, water works, establishment of new schools, colleges and dispensaries in rural areas; working for national integration and international brotherhood,organising poor peasantry and agricultural labourers.
To work for the welfare of the distressed, oppressed and exploited people; Dry Land farming and agricultural marketing; preservation of wildlife and forests; labour welfare and defence; doing research on re-birth, Ayurvedic medicines and herbs.
Participated in Ekta Yatra in January 1992; joined rally held at Boat Club in February 1992; Member,Bharatiya Jana Sangh (B.J.S.) since 1964; active Member of Arya Samaj and other social institutions, connected with establishment and running of Gurukul at Mount Abu, Rajasthan;spokesman of Arya Samaj.
Back to The Leaders