Also see Suraj Garh (Village in Nagaur district).
Ancient name of the village was Adicha (अड़ीचा) founded by Adichwal Brahmans. Earlier the Adichwal Brahmans settled in land of Gardu (गरडू) village. Gardu village was of Buddhist period and number Buddha statues were recovered from this site. Ancient village had a parkota around the village. The Bisau Thakur changed name from Adicha to Surajgarh after his father. 
- It is headquarter of Surajgarh Panchayat Samiti.
- It has a Government Sr. Secondary School.
- It has a grain market and several general merchandise shops
- It has several Public Schools including famous 'Tagore Public School'.
- It has a Police Station.
- Dr. Raghavendra Singh Manohar:Rajasthan Ke Prachin Nagar Aur Kasbe, 2010,p. 232
Back to Jat Villages