Khari Inscription of Tola v.s. 1565 (1508 AD)
There is an inscription on this pond dated bhadwa sudi 8 samvat 1565 (1508 AD). On this stone there is a statue of Tola chieftain with all five weapons with him. Standing before him is chhadidar or chobadr. Kistana, Dhololav etc are ponds near Khari village, which were constructed by the ancestors of Tola, reflecting the richness of this clan. He had a huge wealth. The capital of Tola sardar was at Khari village in Nagaur pargana. A pond in the west of village was named ‘Torana’ (तोराणा) after him. 
We need to identify this Khari village. Our search shows that there are two villages named Khari in Nagaur district.
- Khari Karamsotan (खारी कर्मसोता) is a village in Nagaur tehsil & district of Rajasthan.
- Khari Jodha village in Jayal tehsil of Nagaur district in Rajasthan.
About 250 years back 7 Lol brothers moved from Khari. One settled at Ghevara village in Jodhpur district, two settled at Bhunka village in Barmer district and three brothers settled at Bijariya Bavri village in Jodhpur district.
Their Bhomia and Junjhar are situated in village Khari Karamsotan near Nagaur. Bhomia is offered meat and Junjhar is offered Daliya in Prasada. Tradition tells us that their Junjhar was struggling to get back cows stolen by the enemies and he sacrificed his life at village Bethwasiya.
- Papuram Jakhar - Sarpanch Baithwasiya.
- Nanak Machra - From Betwasia, Osian, Jodhpur, Rajasthan. Mob:9649141677
- Nanak Ram Machara - श्री नानकराम माचरा सुपुत्र श्री मूलाराम माचरा गांव बैठवासिया, तहसील ओसियां, जोधपुर। 11,000 रु का दान दिया जाट धर्मशाला हरिद्वार
- Bhoma Ram Bhakar - श्री भोमाराम भाकर सुपुत्र श्री पाबूराम भाकर गांव भाम्भूओं की ढाणी बैठवासिया, तहसील ओसियां, जोधपुर। 11,000 रु का दान दिया जाट धर्मशाला हरिद्वार
- Padma Ram Jakhar - श्री पदमाराम जाखड़ सुपुत्र श्री नैनाराम जाखड़ गांव बैठवासिया, तहसील ओसियां, जोधपुर। 5100 रु का दान दिया जाट धर्मशाला हरिद्वार
- Sukh Ram Godara - श्री सुखराम गोदारा सुपुत्र श्री मोडाराम गोदारा गांव बैठवासिया, तहसील ओसियां, जोधपुर। 5100 रु का दान दिया जाट धर्मशाला हरिद्वार
- Thakur Deshraj: Jat Itihas (Hindi), Maharaja Suraj Mal Smarak Shiksha Sansthan, Delhi, 1934, 2nd edition 1992, p.608
- Poonam Ram Lol - Originally from village Bijariya Bavri (Tah:osia, Jodhpur), Address:02, Abhaygarh Scheme, Near Air Force School No.1, Jodhpur-342001. Phone - 0291-2614805, Mob- 9414133806
Back to Jat Villages