Hukum Singh Panwar (Pauria)  writes that the Oxford English Dictionary (1977 ed.) gives a very faithful account of the variants available in the old languages of the north-western European countries. In old English the were known as Juti, in early medieval Latin as Jutae, Juti (in plural) and Geta, in Icelandic as Jota and in Jutland, Denmark etc. as Jut as well as Jotar.
Distribution in Pakistan
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. 59
- Dr Pema Ram:Rajasthan Ke Jaton Ka Itihas, p.301
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I,s.n. ज-59.
- The Jats:Their Origin, Antiquity and Migrations: P. 340
- Oxf. Dic. (1977), p. 588, Green and Gardner, q. by Ujagar Singh Mahil, Ant., of Jat Race., pp. 12-13.
Back to Gotras