Pincode of the village is 341510. It is situated 18km away from Merta town (in west direction) and 70km away from Nagaur city. Being a large village, Lamba Jatan has its own gram panchayat. Indokiya Was, Dhanapa and Gangarda are some of the neighbouring villages.
Percentage of castes is: Jats 50 %, and remaining others.
Local tradition says that there used to live a Brahman named Lumba Ram in an Ashram. Later Jats came and settled here. So the habitation was known as Lamba Jatan.
According to Census-2011 information:
- With total 999 families residing, Lamba Jatan village has the population of 5562 (of which 2894 are males while 2668 are females).
- Raghuvir Singh Kherwa: MD & Chairman of Alimmco Kanpur, Served in BHEL Haridwar for 32 years, Retred as GM. Now social service at village.
- Lala Ram Bhambu - Ex. Sarpanch. He was also up-pradhan Merta Samiti
- Dhaukal Ram Bhambu - Ex. Sarpanch
- Dr Mamta Chaudhary - CMO. Mob: 9414607369
- Jiwa Ram Danga - Lamba Jatan. Ph:01591-277006
There are 5 temples, One Sati sthal, One Samadhi of Garbnathji, Math and Pawani Dham.
- Raghuvir Singh Kherwa:Jat Samaj, Agra, Oct-Nov 2002, p.10
Back to Jat Villages