Madhu (मधु) was a descendent of Yadu in Yadav vansh. Vrishni was born as eldest son of Maharaja Madhu in 19th generation of Yadu, the son of Yayati. He is a Chandravanshi Jat kshatriya. Vrishnis were the descendant of Vrishni. Krishna belonged to this branch of the Chandravanshi of Vrishnis from whom he got the name Varshneya.  The people of Dwaraka were known as the Vrishnis.
Madhu Jat Gotra
Mention by Panini
- " Gift of Dharma Rakshita, of the Madhava community."
नकाय nihaya, means an assembly, a congregation.
Rajatarangini mentions: The eager people looked on Bhikshu but he came so fast that his approach could not be marked, and he walked before the enemies. Kumariya of royal blood, grandson of Madhu, and Raktika, elder brother of Jyeshthapala, followed him. [p.153]
Villages in Tonk district
- Dr Mahendra Singh Arya, Dharmpal Singh Dudi, Kishan Singh Faujdar & Vijendra Singh Narwar: Adhunik Jat Itihas (The modern history of Jats), Agra 1998
- Myths and Legends of the Hindus & Buddhists, p.115
- V. S. Agrawala: India as Known to Panini, 1953, p.505
- V. S. Agrawala: India as Known to Panini, 1953, p.74, 109
- V. S. Agrawala: India as Known to Panini, 1953, p.243
- V. S. Agrawala: India as Known to Panini, 1953, p.115, 116
- India as Known to Panini, p.74
- The Bhilsa topes: Inscriptions, P. 239
- Kings of Kashmira Vol 2 (Rajatarangini of Kalhana)/Book VIII (i) p. p.153,