Mehran is one of ancient islands of Lake Urmia.
Sub divisions of Chauhan
Bhim Singh Dahiya provides us list of Jat clans who were supporters of the Chauhan when they gained political ascendancy. The Mehran clan supported the ascendant clan Chauhan and become part of a political confederacy.
Hyderabad city of Pakistan was founded by Nehra Jats. Nehras were rulers of Nehrun state in Sindh at the time of attack on Sindh by Muhammad bin Qasim in 710. Present Hyderabad (Pakistan) city was settled on the land of Nehrun. The Hyderabad city was then named Nehrun Kot and was called the heart of the Mehran. 
- Ompal Singh Tugania : Chahuan Vanshi Lakra Jaton Ka Itihas (Chapter 32)
- Jat Varna Mimansa (1910) by Pandit Amichandra Sharma,p. 56
- Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study)/Appendices/Appendix I,p.316-17
- A glossary of the Tribes and Castes of the Punjab and North-West Frontier Province By H.A. Rose Vol II/J,p.375-76
- Thakur Deshraj, Jat Itihas (Hindi), Maharaja Suraj Mal Smarak Shiksha Sansthan, Delhi, 1934, 2nd edition 1992 page 701.
Back to Jat gotras