':This page is for Nagari - A Jat Gotra.
For the Nagari village see → Nagari Dhandholi
Nagar (नागर) Nagari (नागरी)Nagra (नगरा) Nagra (नागरा ) is gotra of Jats in Punjab,Jammu and Kashmir and in Uttar Pradesh.  Nokar clan is found in Afghanistan. 
- 1 Origin
- 2 History
- 3 Distribution in Punjab
- 4 Distribution in Uttar Pradesh
- 5 Distribution in Jammu and kashmir
- 6 Distribution in Maharashtra
- 7 Distribution in Pakistan
- 8 Notable person from this gotra
- 9 External Links
- 10 References
This gotra originated from place name Nagaur in Rajasthan. They are Nagavanshi and came from Nagaur so called Nagar. Some historians believe that they are termed so as they came from place Nagarkot (नगरकोट) in Nepal. 
Distribution in Punjab
Villages in Jalandhar district
Villages in Ludhiana district
Villages in Nawanshahr district
- Nagra is village in Nawanshahr tahsil in Nawanshahr district in Punjab.
Villages in Sangrur district
Distribution in Uttar Pradesh
Distribution in Jammu and kashmir
Distribution in Maharashtra
Nagara नागरा, जिला भंडारा, महा., (AS, p.487)
Distribution in Pakistan
Nagra - The Nagra are connected with the Cheema clan, and claim Chauhan Rajput ancestry. They are found in Lahore, Gujranwala and Sialkot districts.
According to 1911 census, the Nagra was one of the Muslim Jat clans in Sialkot District with population 299.
Notable person from this gotra
- Jawan Sant Singh Nagra, of 39 Medium Regiment, made a supreme sacrifice while fighting the enemy in the Chhamb-Jaurian Sector of Jammu and Kashmir during the 1965 Indo-Pak war.
- ↑ जाट इतिहास:ठाकुर देशराज,पृष्ठ-586
- ↑ An Inquiry Into the Ethnography of Afghanistan By H. W. Bellew, The Oriental University Institute, Woking, 1891, p.111
- ↑ Dr Mahendra Singh Arya, Dharmpal Singh Dudee, Kishan Singh Faujdar & Vijendra Singh Narwar: Ādhunik Jat Itihasa (The modern history of Jats), Agra 1998, p. 260
- ↑ Census Of India 1911 Volume xiv Punjab Part 2 by Pandit Narikishan Kaul
- ↑ COSTLY JUSTICE- OF A MARTYR WIDOW
Back to Jat Gotras