Pokar Ram Benda
Chaudhary Pokar Ram Benda from Nagaur was in Indian Railways. The English Railway manager Poll gave him the Job of trolly man in his house. Later he started taking part in Railway contracts and earned money. He constructed Quartters in Rani Bazar Bikaner which are known as Pokar Quarters. He constructed a Dharmshala in 1931AD for Jats which is now known as Kisan Chhatrawas Bikaner. 
Kisan Chhatrawas Bikaner
Kisan Chhatrawas Bikaner was founded in year 1931 by Chaudhari Pokar Ram Benda S/O Pooran Ram Ji Benda of Nagaur. It was initially developed as Jat Dharmshala in Ranibajar Bikaner on the land owned by Chaudhari Pokar Ram Benda but later converted to Kisan Chhatrawas.
On 10 March 1947 a trust of Kisan Dharmshala and Kisan Chhatrawas was registered with Registrar of Bikaner state with following members:
- 1. Ch. Pokar Ram Benda
- 2. Pandit Shankardatt Ji Vaidya, Mohta Hospital, Bikaner
- 3. Seth Ram Krishna Ji Agarwal, Bikaner
- 4. Ch. Chhoga Ram Godara S/O Khema Ram Godara, Akkhasar
- 5.Ch. Dharma Ram Sihag, Palana
- 6. Ch. Ganga Ram Mistri, Bikaner
- 7. Ch. Binja Ram Bhobia S/O Kesara Ram Bhobia, Badnu.
The land as par patta is 105 x 68.75 yards = 7218.75 sq. yard
- Kisan Chhatrawas Bikaner Smarika 1994,pp.24-25
Back to The Social Workers