Rawal people live in Sheikhpur village in Ghaziabad district in Uttar Pradesh. In Ghaziabad district they have 2 more villages with Rawal gotra, they are Ubarpur, Bachhrota. As per local tradition Rawal family of Shekhpur migrated 8 generation back from Bhiwani. They were 2 brothers, one settle down in Bachhrota and other continued to live in Sheikhpur. Though it is very small gotra in UP still they have relations with reputed Gotras.
Sub Divisions Khokhar gotra
There are several sub-divisions of the Khokhar gotra , such as the Bandial, Bhachar, Dholka, Ganjial, Jalap, Majoka, Nissowana, Rawal, and Denaar (in muslim). According to H.A. Rose Jat clans derived from Khokhar are: Bohla and Khokhar. Haral, Ajra, Bhalu and Bhala are also the sub gotras of the Khokhar Jats (Hindu and Sikh).
Distribution in Uttar Pradesh
Villages in Ghaziabad district
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu,p.57,s.n. 2139
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. र-85
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Chapter III, p.238
- Vijay Rawal by e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
- A glossary of the Tribes and Castes of the Punjab and North-West Frontier Province By H.A. Rose Vol II/J,p.376
Back to Jat gotras