Paroda (परोदा) Parada (परादा) Jats live in Rajasthan and Haryana, and Madhya Pradesh.
Mention by Panini
Paradah (पारदा:), a people, is mentioned by Panini in Ashtadhyayi. 
Pardayana (पारदायन) is mentioned by Panini in Ashtadhyayi. 
V S Agarwal mentions....[p.39]: These six names (of mountains) seem to be taken from some Bhuvanakosha list, giving in order the ranges on the western frontiers from Afghanistan to Baluchistan. Starting from below, Shalvakagiri is phonetically the name of [p.40]: Hala Range lying north-south between Sind and Baluchistan. To the west of it is the Makran chain of hills the home of the Hingula River and Hingulaja goddess, Hingula seems to be the Prakrit form of Kimsulaka. It was also called by its synonymous name, the Parada country, Pardene of classical writers, corresponding to Pardayana of Patanjali (IV.2.99). Goddess Hihgula of this place is of vermilion colour, also called Dadhiparni, because of its association with the ancient Scythian tribes of Dahae and Parnians. It was worshipped also as Nani, or Nana of antiquity.
B S Dahiya writes: Pargitar correctly points out them in North West.  They are mentioned as Paroda Sakas, and as Palads and were very prominent in the fourth and fifth centuries AD.
Parada River (पारदा नदी) finds mention in Nasik Inscription. Parada tribe probably lived on the banks of Parada river. 
Distribution in Rajasthan
Villages in Ajmer district
Villages in Nagaur district
Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
Villages in Mandsaur district
Villages in Harda district
Adampur Harda, Bhamori, Kolwa, Sontalai,
- Ramkaran Singh Paroda -Freedom fighter.
- R.S.Paroda - Padma Bhushan, Retired Director General, ICAR, New Delhi.
- Mahendra Singh Paroda - technocrat.
- Rajendra Singh Paroda - Scientist DRDO new Delhi.
- M.S.Paroda - Executive Engg. HAL Bangalore.
- Dr. Amar Singh Paroda - Ex. Chaiman, Scientist Recruitment Board ICAR, Date of Birth : 18-November-1939. VPO- Katyasani, Teh.- Merta City, Distt.- Nagaur, Rajasthan. Present Address : C-139, Krishna Nagar, New Pali Road, Jodhpur. Resident Phone Number : 0291-2728720
- ↑ B S Dahiya:Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study), p.242, s.n.174
- ↑ O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu, p.48, s.n. 1474
- ↑ Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. प-32
- ↑ V. S. Agrawala: India as Known to Panini, 1953, p.66
- ↑ V. S. Agrawala: India as Known to Panini, 1953, p.40
- ↑ India as Known to Panini,pp.39-40
- ↑ Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study)/Jat Clan in India,p. 267
- ↑ Ancient Indian Historical Traditions, p. 206 and 208
- ↑ Journal of Bihar and Orissa Research Society, XVIII, 209
- ↑ Aitihasik Sthanavali by Vijayendra Kumar Mathur, p.549
Back to Jat Gotras