Ram Singh Kaswan
|लेखक:Laxman Burdak, IFS (Retd.), Jaipur|
Ram Singh Kaswan is leader of Bharatiya Janata Party and Member of Parliament from Churu in Rajasthan, India. He was born on 10 August 1945 at village Kalri in Churu district (Rajasthan). He was four times Member of Parliament in 1991,1999,2004,2009.
He was educated at Doonger College, Bikaner and Rajasthan University. His educational qualification is B.A., LL.B
He was born in the family of Hindu Jat of Kaswan clan. He is son of Deep Chand Kaswan (Freedom Figheter and former MP from Churu). His mother's name Kastoori Devi. He married with Smt. Kamla Kaswan on 8 May 1965 and has one son and three daughters. His son Rahul Kaswan has been elected MP in 16th Loksabha (2014) from Churu constituency as BJP candidate defeating Abhinesh Maharshi (BSP) by a margin of 294739 votes.
- He was Sarpanch, Kalri, Distt. Churu, Rajasthan for 13 years. And President, Bharatiya Janata Party, District Churu.
- 1991: Elected to 10th Lok Sabha, Member, Committee on Urban and Rural Development, Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Surface Transport 1992: Member, National Executive Committee, B.J.P.
- 1992 onwards: Member, National Council, B.J.P.
- 1998-99: Member, Rajasthan Legislative Assembly
- 1999: Elected to 13th Lok Sabha (2nd term)
- 1999-2000: Member, Committee on Industry, Member, Committee of Privileges
- 2000 - 2004: Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- 2004: Elected to 14th Lok Sabha (3rd term), Ram Singh Kaswan defeated former Lok Sabha speaker and senior Congress leader Balram Jakhar in the Churu parliamentary constituency by over 29,000 votes. Member, Committee on Subordinate Legislation, Member, Committe on Industry, Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Commerce, Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Industry
Social and Cultural Activities
Worked extensively for resolving problems of development in both rural and urban areas. His Profession is Agriculturist, Political and Social Worker and Advocate. His favourite time pass is reading.
Permanent Address Deep Niwas, Sadulpur,Distt. Churu - 331 023, Rajasthan
Delhi Address 3, Ferozeshah Road,New Delhi - 110 011
Phone 011-23782267, 011-237823490,01559-224800,01559-224902
Back to The Leaders