- 1 Distribution in Haryana
- 2 Distribution in Punjab
- 3 Distribution in Himachal Pradesh
- 4 Distribution in Pakistan
- 5 Notable persons from this gotra
- 6 References
Distribution in Haryana
Villages in Kurukshetra district
Villages in Ambala district
Distribution in Punjab
Villages in Kapurthala district
Villages in Hoshiarpur district
Distribution in Himachal Pradesh
Villages in Mandi district
Distribution in Pakistan
Notable persons from this gotra
- Choudhary Pritam Singh son of Charat Singh son of Heera singh had remained zaildaar for the period of about 70 years prior to him his father and grandfather was also remained zaildaars and lambardaar.
- Now his grandson Kulbir Singh Sangra is the Sarpanch ,lambardaar of village Thol and second time president of anaj mandi association thol.
- Prior to him his father late Jarnail singh was the lambardaar of village and his elder brother Jasbir Singh Sangra advocate was remained sapanch and memer of panchyat samiti of village thol.
- Choudhry Jagdish chand remained M.L.A. from 1946 to till death in 1969 continuously except one term from 1962 to 1967. He also belonged to sangra gotra.
- Flying Officer Rajbir Singh Sangra (Retd) served the Indian Air Force being deployed in various war and peacetime missions and made his village proud. His father Choudhry Sampurn Singh have been Lambardaar of the village.
Thol is biggest village of jats in Kurukshetra distt. of haryana and so many persons remained dignitary from this village. Lord Budha had visited village thol-kurdi(thul-kut) two times during his life time and had taken the principal of madhyamika from village thol which was given by him to the whole of world in his sermons. This incident is written in a book of Haryana history authored by Bharadwaj.
- Retired Lt. General Surjit Singh Sangra had remained chairman of Punjab Public Service Commission
- Census Of India 1911 Volume Xiv Punjab Part 2 by Pandit Narikishan Kaul
Back to Jat Gotras