Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Vasati (वसाति)  is a Jat Gotra of Nagavanshi origin found in Haryana. Its variants are Basati (बसाति)/Basatia (बसातिया) due to linguistic changes.
- They were dwelling in republic known as Vasati (वसाति) in Mahabharata period.  They were with Kauravas in Mahabharata war on Day one and two.
The Mahabharata Tribe - Vasatis (वसाति) figure in the tribute list Mahabharata (II.48.14). They sided with the Kauravas (VI.47.14, VI. 18.12) and came from the Mula pass in Baluchistan or somewhere in Makran.
Distribution in Haryana
Villages in Yamunagar district
Villages in Ambala district
Distribution in Punjab
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. ब-204
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu,p.51,s.n. 1679
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. व-43
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu, p.53, s.n. 1821
- Mahendra Singh Arya et al: Adhunik Jat Itihas, p. 268
- A glossary of the Tribes and Castes of the Punjab and North-West Frontier Province By H.A. Rose Vol II/B , p.68
- History and study of the Jats. B.S Dhillon. p.126
Back to Jat Gotras