Dr Natthan Singh
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Dr Natthan Singh (डॉ. नत्थन सिंह) (1923-2015) is an author of Hindi literature, and a Jat historian. He was born on 4 January 1923 in the family of Sardar Singh at village Karahra of Kirawali tehsil in Agra Janapada of Uttar Pradesh. He died on 30 April 2015.
He did his B.A. from Agra College, Agra (1948); M.A. from R.B.S. College (1950); PhD (1957) and D.Lit. (Hon.) from Agra University.
He was lecturer in Janata Vedic College Baraut from 1954 to 1983.
Membership of Institutes
- He is life-member of Maharaja Suraj Mal Smarak Shiksha Sansthan, Delhi, Jat Shiksha Samiti Baraut, Digamber Jain Shiksha Samiti Badaut, Maharaja Surajmal Inter College Agra.
- Board of trustees, Agra College Agra
- Board of studies in Hindi, Agra University Agra
- External specialist Research Committee, Agra University Agra
- Member studies council, Meerut University Meerut
- Board of studies in Hindi, Meerut University Meerut
- Chairman Hindi Department, Janata Vaidic College, Baraut
Books on literature
- Balmukund Gupta: Jīwan aur Sāhitya
- Premchand Punarmulyankan
- Punarnawā : Mūlyankan aur Mūlyankan
- Kavya Shastra aur Hindi Nibandh
- Hindi Nibandh
- Kavya aur Kavī
- Aū kā Tīlā (novel)
- Sākshī hain ye prāchīren (novel)
- Alochak Ramvilas Sharma
- Kaurvi Lok-gāthā-sāhitya
- Bhāratīyatā ke Sanrakshak Sāhityakār - Dr N Chandra Nayar
- Yamunā se Prashānt Mahāsāgar (Sansmaran)
- Khet Khalīyan se Rajdhanī kā safarnamā (sansmaran)
- Itihasā Purush:Maharaja Suraj Mal
- Mitron kī khoj (child-literature)
Books on Jats
- Sujas Prabandh, Translation of poetry by Nathan, the royal poet of Jat rulers of Gohad, Jat Samaj Kalyan Parishad Gwalior, 2005
- He has written a book on Jat History in Hindi “Jat Itihas” which is published by Jat Samaj Kalyan Parishad Gwalior in 2004.
- He was editor of second edition (1992) of one of the earliest books on Jat history--“Jat Itihas”--written in 1934 by Thakur Deshraj.
- Kisan Masiha Chaudhary Charan Singh
- Jātīyatā kā Abhishāp aur Chaudhary Charan Singh
- Rajasthan ke Kisan Kesari: Chaudhary Nathuram Mirdha
- Number of articles in Jat Magazines like Jat – Gaurav, Jatjyoti, Surajsujan etc.
- Uttar Pradesh ke Jaton ki Shasan vyavastha (Hindi translation of book by MC Pradhan)
- Honorary editor Suraj Sujan
- Sir Chhotu Ram : chintan aur karma
- Andherī - nagarī
- Raja Mahendra Pratap: BahuĀyāmī Vyaktitva
- Chandrashekhar Nayar:Saptati-grāmya
- Ālochak Ramvilas Sharma
- Gauravgāthā - Five books
- Shodh Visheshānk/Hindi Sahitya Parishad, Meerut University, Meerut
- Balmukund granthāavali, (Haryana Sahitya Akadami, Chandigarh)
- Shodh Visheshank Meerut University, Hindi Sahitya Parshad
- Hindi kahanī : algāv kv darshan (translation)
- He was awarded Rs 5000/- by Kerala Hindi Sahitya Academy - 1993, 1996, Thiruanantpuram,Kerala on his book on “Bharatiyata ke Sanrakshak Dr N Chandra Shekhran Nayar”.
- Nalini Vilochan Sharma Puraskar of Rajbhasha Vibhag of Bihar government on his Korvi Lokgatha Sahitya.
- Chaudhary Bahadur Singh Parmarth Trust Sangaria, award - 1999 Rs 10000/-
- Address: A/11, Shurya Apartment, First Floor, Navin Shahdara, Delhi-110032
He died on 30 April 2015.
- Nav Jat-Veer, Gwalior, 1997-98
Back to The Authors