- They are said to be descendants of Nagavanshi King Lohita (लोहित). 
- Loman (लोमन्) is a place name mentioned by Panini under Sankaladi (संकलादि) (4.2.75) group.  It may give name to the Clan.
They are branch of Panwars. The Gotra is basically originated from Panwar but there is a story for that. In the Mughal empire many of the Panwar Jats did not bow to the Shenshaw(King) and could never be conquered. They were entitled Lohmarod meaning 'as strong and adamant as that they can even bend an iron rod'. Later many of these brave people were entitled as Lohchab meaning 'they can even chew iron'. Initially it was a title for those brave Panwars but gradually transformed to separate gotra. Still, Lohchab and Panwar are brother gotras and marriages are not allowed between the two.
Distribution in Rajasthan
Locations in Jaipur city
Villages in Tonk district
Villages in Churu district
- Panna Lal Lohamrod (Dabra), was among the five Jats who became martyr in Dabra kand in opposing the oppressive activities of jagirdars on 13 March 1947.
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. ल-63
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu,p.59,s.n. 2251
- Mahendra Singh Arya et al: Adhunik Jat Itihas, p. 280
- V. S. Agrawala: India as Known to Panini, 1953, p.507
- वासुकिस तक्षकश चैव नागश चैरावतस तदा ।:कृष्णश च लॊहितश चैव पद्मश चित्रश च वीर्यवान Mahabharata (2.9.8)
Back to Jat Gotras