Biramsar village was earlier settled near Biramsar Hill in south-east direction. There used to live Nyol Gotra Jats. Kalka temple on hill top was constructed by Nyol Jats. Thakurs killed that Nyol Jat. All Nyols later killed the Thakur. Later Nyols moved from here to Satra village. It is said that Nyol Jats do not drink water of Biramsar and do not marry any child here.
Satra is located at 28° 13' 60.00" North Latitude & 74° 47' 60.00" East Longitude. It has an average elevation of 297 meters (977 feet).
As per Census-2011 statistics, Satra village has the total population of 3503 (of which 1741 are males while 1762 are females).
- Bhani Nath Ji (1885-1953) - Son of Shri Hurtaji, Gotra: Neol, Village:Satra, District:Churu, Rajasthan, Sect:Nath Panth
- Ganpat Ram Nyol of Satra - Freedom fighter and social worker.
- Adu Ram Nyol is a social worker from village Satra in Churu district of Rajasthan.
- Ravindranathji Maharaj (Nyol), Balrasar Athuna Ashram.
- Hanmana Ram Nyol - From Satra, Director Makadi Nath Uchch Madhyamik Vidyalay Ratangarh
Gallery of people from Satra
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Satra
- Sanjay Singh Saharan, Dharati Putra: Jat Baudhik evam Pratibha Samman Samaroh Sahwa, Smarika 30 December 2012, by Jat Kirti Sansthan Churu, pp.11-12
Back to Jat Villages