- 1 Origin
- 2 Mention by Panini
- 3 Association with present Jat gotras
- 4 History
- 5 In Mahabharata
- 6 Genealogy of king Nara of Bharadvaja Gotra
- 7 भारद्वाज (भदौतिया) जनपद
- 8 Distribution in Uttar Pradesh
- 9 Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
- 10 Distribution in Maharashtra
- 11 Notable persons
- 12 External links
- 13 References
Mention by Panini
Association with present Jat gotras
Ram Sarup Joon writes ... Many names in the Genealogical tables of Yayati are associated with present Jat gotras. Some examples are Ushinar, Shishu Bhadra, Tak or Takshak, Satoti, Krishan or Kushana from the Yadhu branch; Dushyanta, Bharat, Bhardwaja, Hasti, Ajmirh, Kaushik, Gadh and Vishwamitra of Puru branch; Seth, Arh, Gandhi, Gaindhu and Gandhar of the Ardas branch.
James Todd writes:  : From the twenty-fourth prince in lineal descent from Yayati, by name Bharadwaja, originated a celebrated sect, who still bear his name, and are the spiritual teachers of several tribes.
The Harsha Charita of Bana/Chapter II mentions The Visit of Bana to the King Harshavardhana....The doorkeeper, having come up and saluted him, addressed him respectfully in a gentle voice, "Approach and enter, his highness is willing to see you." Then Bana entered, as he directed, saying, "I am indeed happy that he thinks me worthy of this honour." He next beheld a stable filled with the king's favourite horses from Vanayu, Aratta, Kamboja, Bharadvaja, Sindh, and Persia....
- Bharadwaja (भरद्वाज) (I.63.89), (I.63),(I.61.63), (1.67),(I.89.16), (1.94),(VI.10.67),(VI.47.12),(VI.47.14), (VI.52.3), (VI.83.7)
- Bharata found that his sons were not like unto himself. So this direct line of Puru came to an end. What followed is a little mysterious. Bharata adopted Bharadvaja as his son. Bharadvaja was begotten by Brihaspati ( Jupiter) on the wife of his brother Utathya named Mamata (Egoism). 
Bhisma Parva, Mahabharata/Book VI Chapter 83 describes the array of the Kauravas army against the Pandavas in Mahabharata War. Parada (पारद)/(परद) is mentioned in Mahabharata (VI.83.7).....Bhishma, the son of Santanu, then, O king, proceeded in the van of the whole army, supported by the Malavas, and the inhabitants of the southern countries, and the Avantis. Next to him was the valiant son of Bharadwaja, accompanied by the Pulindas, the Paradas, and the Kshudraka-Malavas.
Genealogy of king Nara of Bharadvaja Gotra
Rajatarangini tells us that Formerly at Darvvabhisara there lived a king named Nara of the Gotra of Bharadvaja, who had a son named Naravahana, and Naravahana had a son named Phulla. Phulla had a son named Sarthavahana, his son was Chandana, and Chandana had two sons, Gopala and Sinharaja, Sinharaja had several children, his daughter Didda was married to Kshemagupta. Didda made Sanggramaraja (son of her brother Udayaraja) king. She had another brother, Kantiraja, and he had a son named Jassaraja, Sanggramaraja had a son named Ananta, while of Jassaraja were born Tanvangga and Gungga. Ananta's son was Kalasharaja, and of Gungga was born Malla. Kalasha's son is king Harshadeva, and we are Malla's sons
भारद्वाज (भदौतिया) जनपद
महाभारतकाल में भारतवर्ष के जनपदों में भारद्वाज जाट जनपद भी था।  भदावर के प्रदेश का शासक जाट क्षत्रिय समुदाय भादू, भदौरिया, भदौतिया नाम से प्रसिध हुआ। यह लोग सपेऊ, सादावाद के मध्य 8 बड़े खेड़ों और जिला मथुरा के बहुत से गांवों में बसे हुए हैं। खौण्डा गांव के ठा० तोताराम ने तोसागढ़ी बसाई जो ठाकुर लालसिंह के पुत्र ठाकुर छत्तरसिंह के द्वारा भव्यभवन और कच्ची गढ़ी बनवाने पर छत्तरगढ़ी के नाम से प्रसिद्ध हुई। भादू नाम से प्रसिद्ध जाटों के बीकानेर राज्य में बहुत से गांव हैं (जाटों का उत्कर्ष पृ० 366, ले० योगेन्द्रपाल शास्त्री)।।
Distribution in Uttar Pradesh
Villages in Bulandshahar district
Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
Villages in Nimach district
Villages in Gwalior district
Distribution in Maharashtra
Villages in Buldhana district
- Mr.Trilok Singh s/o Sh.Bain Singh, Owner: Madhav Buildwell Private Limited, T.S. Construction Company & T.S. Infra Services LLP. Politician, Indian National Congress Party, Currently Delegate: Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee, Observer : Shalimar Bagh, Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee. Residence: Rani Bagh, Delhi. Village: Shiv Nangla, Ancestral Village: Khalor, Dist: Bulandshahr, UP.
- Dr. Hirdesh Kumar Bhardwaj - S/O Atar Singh DOB: 17-Aug-64, Govt. Service CMO & I/C Casualty Dept. Acharaya Shri Bhikshu Govt. Hospital (ABGH), Moti Nagar Delhi Govt. New Delhi, F-1/3A, Mohan Garden, Uttam Nagar, New Delhi-110059 Vill.- Murli Nagla, Post:-Shikarpur, Dist.- Bulandshahar (U.P.) Mob: 9810271235, 9711187092 (PP-343)
- Mr Vinay Bhardwaj - Govt. Service, Lecturer Delhi University, Aurobindo College, J-401, Anupam Appts, East Arjun Nagar, Near Karkardooma Court, New Delhi, Ph:011-22047237 (PP-546)
- Ch. Arun Bhardwaj s/o Chaudhary Jagpal Singh Bhardwaj s/o Chaudhary Nawab Singh Bhardwaj, Head-HR,ER & Admin,Honda Group. From Village Khalore (Bulandshahr)
- Mr.Kishan Pal s/o Sh.Bain Singh, Deputy Commandant, Border Security Force, posted at SRO, Saket, Delhi. Residence: Rani Bagh, Delhi. Village: Shiv Nangla, Ancestral Village: Khalor, Dist: Bulandshahr, UP.
- Adesh Kumar s/o Sh.Kunwar Pal Singh, Owner: SPORTSOUL (sports brand) & Delhi Lions Rugby Club. Former Head Coach- Delhi Defenders. Residence: Rani Bagh, Delhi. Village: Shiv Nangla, Ancestral Village: Khalor, Dist: Bulandshahr, UP.
- Mr. Madhav Chaudhary s/o Sh. Trilok Singh, Managing Director: T.S. Construction Company & T.S. Infra Services LLP. He is a government class 1 contractor. Residence: Rani Bagh, Delhi. Village: Shiv Nangla, Ancestral Village: Khalor, Dist: Bulandshahr, UP.
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. भ-43
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu, p.54, s.n. 1895
- Mahendra Singh Arya et al: Adhunik Jat Itihas, p. 273
- V. S. Agrawala: India as Known to Panini, 1953, p.15, 59, 342, 343
- V. S. Agrawala: India as Known to Panini, 1953, p.15, 33
- Ram Sarup Joon: History of the Jats/Chapter I, p.5
- History of the Jats/Chapter II,p. 28
- Ram Sarup Joon,p.123
- V. S. Agrawala: India as Known to Panini, 1953, p.59
- Annals and Antiquities of Rajasthan, Volume I, Chapter 2 Genealogies continued,p.32
- A study of the Bhagavata Purana; or, Esoteric Hinduism by Purnendu Narayana Sinha, Benares,1901, p. 233
- ततॊ ऽनन्तरम एवासीद भारद्वाजः प्रतापवान, पुलिन्दै: पारदैश चैव तदा क्षुद्रकमालवैः (VI.83.7)
- Rajatarangini of Kalhana:Kings of Kashmira/Book VII (i),p.266
- (भीष्मपर्व, अध्याय 9: आत्रेयाः स भरद्वाजास तदैव सतनयॊषिकाः औपकाश च कलिङ्गाश च किरातानां च जातयः (VI.10.67)
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Chapter III,p. 295
Back to Gotras