Mahal (महल)/ (माहल) Mahale (महाले) is a Gotra of the Jats found in Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh,Haryana and Punjab. Mahal clan is found in Afghanistan. They were supporters of Chauhan Confederacy.
- 1 Origin
- 2 History
- 3 Distribution in Uttar Pradesh
- 4 Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
- 5 Distribution in Punjab
- 6 Distribution in Haryana
- 7 Notable persons
- 8 External links
- 9 References
Ram Swarup Joon writes about Mahe, Mahi, Mehiwal, Meheria, Mahit: These are also very old gotras. In the 8th generation of the Mirhas there lived a king called Mahit. His descendants were called Mahi, Mahe. In about the first century AD, Darunpur, some where near Sujangarh, was the capital of Mahe Kings.
History of the Jats, End of Page-93
According to the census of 1911 their number was. about 7000.
Distribution in Uttar Pradesh
Villages in Meerut district
Villages in Hapur district
Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
Villages in Shivpuri district
Distribution in Punjab
Villages in Hoshiarpur district
Distribution in Haryana
Villages in Faridabad district
- Narender Singh of Katgarh, Mahal - Jat, From Hoshiarpur district was in the List of Punjab Chiefs.
- David G. Mahal - author and researcher University of Bolton Bolton, United Kingdom.
Back to Jat Gotras [[Category:Gotras in Faridabad]