Odra (ओद्र) Odhra (ओध्र) Odrah (ओद्रा) Odhran (ओधरान) Ond (ओंद) Audhran (औधरान) Odhran/Audhran (ओढ्रान) is gotra of Jats found in Punjab. Dilip Singh Ahlawat has mentioned Audhran as one of the ruling Jat clans in Central Asia.
B S Dahiya writes: The Puranas mention them as "Śakānodhrāna", i.e.,Saka Odhran. They are mentioned in Sabha Parva of Mahabharata  as well as Vishnu Purana. Their first ancestor was Odra, and his descendants are called Odhran.
Arrianwrites ...Next stood the Odrysian cavalry, under the command of Agatho, son of Tyrimmas. In this part, in front of all, were posted the auxiliary cavalry of the Grecian mercenaries, under the direction of Andromachus, son of Hiero. Near the baggage the infantry from Thrace were posted as a guard. The whole of Alexander’s army numbered 7,000 cavalry and about 40,000 infantry.
In Bhagavata Purana
Distribution in Punjab
Villages in Hoshiarpur district
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n.17
- B S Dahiya:Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study), p.241, s.n.165
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Chapter IV (Page 342)
- Mahendra Singh Arya et al.: Ādhunik Jat Itihas, p.224
- Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study)/Jat Clan in India,p. 267
- Mahabharata:Ch 47
- Dilip Singh Ahlawat: Jat Veeron ka Itihas
- Arrian Anabasis Book/3a, Ch.6,fn 3(12).
- पाण्ड्यांश च थरविथांश चैव सहितांश चॊद्र केरलैः, अन्ध्रांस तलवनांश चैव कलिङ्गान ओष्ट्र कर्णिकान (II.28.48)
- चीनान हूनाञ शकान ओडून पर्वतान्तरवासिनः, वार्ष्णेयान हारहूणांश च कृष्णान हैमवतांस तदा (II.47.19)
Back to Jat Gotras