- 1 Origin
- 2 History
- 3 Villages founded by Kuri clan
- 4 Distribution in Haryana
- 5 Distribution in Rajasthan
- 6 Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
- 7 Notable persons
- 8 References
- They may get name from Kuda Naga (195 -196 AD), who was a Buddhist King of Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka, in the 2nd century.
- They are said to get this name after place called Kui (कुई). 
Kudi - Mahavansa/Chapter 36 tells.... After Kanittha Tissa's death his son, who was known as Khujja Naga, reigned one year. The younger brother of Khujja Naga, Kuncha Naga/Kuda Naga, when he had slain the king his brother, reigned two years in Lanka. During the great Ekanalika famine the king maintained without interruption a great alms-giving appointed for five hundred bhikkhus.
Mahavansa/Chapter 36 tells....But the brother of Kuncha Naga/Kuda Naga's consort, the commander of troops, Siri Naga I, became a rebel against the king, and when he was equipped with troops and horses he moved on to the capital and when he, in battle with the king's army, had put king Kuncha Naga/Kuda Naga to flight, victorious he reigned over Lanka nineteen years in splendid Anuradhapura. After the death of Siri Naga I his son Voharika Tissa reigned twenty two years, with knowledge of (the) law and (the) tradition.
Villages founded by Kuri clan
- Kuriyon Ki Dhani (कुड़ियों की ढाणी) - village in Udaipurwati tahsil of Jhunjhunu district in Rajasthan.
- Kudiyon Ka Bas village is in Phulera tahsil of Jaipur district in Rajasthan.
Distribution in Haryana
Distribution in Rajasthan
Villages in Churu district
Villages in Sikar district
Villages in Jhunjhunu district
Locations in Jaipur city
Bapu Nagar, Jhotwara, Mansarowar Colony, Moti Nagar, Murlipura Scheme, Vaishali Nagar, Shastri Nagar,
Villages in Jaipur district
Akoda, Anoppura, Bagawas, Baget, Bagru Khurd, Banshipura, Bhainsawa (100), Bhojpura Kalan, Bhojpura Khurd, Biharipura Boraj, Bugaliya Jaipur, Chainpura Naraina, Hathod, Hingoniya (100), Hirnoda (1), Jorpura, Kaladera, Kalwar Kazipura, Kudiyon Ka Bas, Lalasar, Loharwara, Looniyawas, Manchwa, Mandpi, Pachar, Pindloi (5), Sinwar,
Villages in Nagaur district
Villages in Tonk district
Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
Villages in Dhar district
Villages in Nimach district
Villages in Ratlam district
Villages in Ratlam district with population of this gotra are:
Villages in Rajgarh district
Villages in Ujjain district
- Sedu Ram Kuri (1889) (लेफ्टिनेंट सूबेदार सेडूराम कुड़ी) from village Jharli, Srimadhopur, Sikar, Rajasthan, was a Freedom Fighter who took part in Shekhawati farmers movement in Rajasthan. 
- Hanuman Ram Kudi - RJS Rajasthan , Special Sec., Raj.Legislative Assembly. VPO - Somana, Nagaur. Present Address : HE-198, Anjani Marg, Hanuman Nagar Extn. Sirsi Road, Jaipur. Phone Number : 0141-2707214, Mobile : 9829212199. Email Address : firstname.lastname@example.org. Presently Chairman of Rajasthan Human Rights Commission.
- Laxman Singh Kudi - RAS Rajasthan, SA to Agri.Minister, Govt.of Raj. Date of Birth : 1-July-1964, Village - Bagawas, Tehsil- Phulera, Distt.- Jaipur, Present Address : 647, Hanuman Nagar Extn., Sirsi Road, Jaipur, Phone Number : 0141-2358411, Mob: 9414049099, Email Address : email@example.com, Laxman Singh Kuri has been promoted to IAS
- Banna Lal (Kuri) - Raj Account Service , 9413391100,9829391100, now inducted in IAS, MD Urja Vikas Nigam and special secretary energy.
- Ajeet Singh Kuri - RJS
- Laxman Ram Kudi - Deputy Director, Agriculture Department, Rajasthan, Jaipur. From Village: Bagariyavas, Sri Madhopur tahsil, Sikar district, Rajasthan.
- Sudhir Chaudhari (Kudi) - S/O Laxman Ram Kudi, IPS (2014). He was selected in IPS through UPSC Examination conducted in 2014. Born 4.6.1987. Village: Bagariyavas, Sri Madhopur tahsil, Sikar district, Rajasthan. (Jat Express, Jaipur, 10.9.2015)
- Shishpal Kudi - Mob: 9950150761, 9660696096. Social worker, From Kudiyon Ka Bas, Phulera, Rajasthan. Shishpal Kudi is State President - Global Human Rights Protection Council, Rajasthan, District President- Rajasthan Yuwa Jat Mahasabha Jaipur, District CLG Member, Police Station Jobner, Under Jaipur Rural Suprident of Police. शिशपाल कुडी, प्रदेश अध्यक्ष - अंतर्राष्ट्रीय मानवाधिकार सुरक्षा परिषद, राजस्थान। जिलाध्यक्ष - राजस्थान युवा जाट महासभा, जयपुर। जिला सीएलजी सदस्य - पुलिस थाना जोबनेर, अंतर्गत पुलिस अधीक्षक जयपुर ग्रामींण। गावं - कुडियो का बास, पोस्ट - जोरपुरा, वाया - हिंगोनिया, तहसिल - किशनगढ रेनवाल, जिला - जयपुर -303124
- Dr Ompal Singh Tugania: Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu, p.32,sn-366.
- An Inquiry Into the Ethnography of Afghanistan By H. W. Bellew, The Oriental University Institute, Woking, 1891, p.13,121,155
- Dr Mahendra Singh Arya, Dharmpal Singh Dudee, Kishan Singh Faujdar & Vijendra Singh Narwar: Ādhunik Jat Itihasa (The modern history of Jats), Agra 1998, p. 229
- Thakur Deshraj:Jat Jan Sewak, 1949, p.481
Back to Gotras