Jump to navigation Jump to search
Pura may be:
- Pura (पुर), a place-name ending, is mentioned by Panini in Ashtadhyayi. 
- Bampur (बमपुर) city in Sistan and Baluchestan Province, Iran. Its ancient name was Pura and it was capital of the Gedrosia.
- Bhakhar Pura (भाखरपुरा) - village in Chohtan tahsil in Barmer
- Chheepi Pura (छीपी पुरा) - village in Tonk tahsil in Tonk district in Rajasthan.
- Chhoti Pura (छोटी पुरा) - village in Amroha tahsil of District Jyotiba Phuley Nagar (Amroha) in Uttar Pradesh.
- Dasapura - Mandsaur
- Garjapatipura was one of the Buddhist places visited by Xuan Zang in 637 AD. It was between Banaras and Vaisali. Alexander Cunningham has identified it with place called Degwara i.e. Dighwara town in the Saran district, Bihar.
- Kashyapa-pura - Srinagari in Kashmir
- Khagipura, or Khrigipura,or Khagendrapura, was one of the Principal ancient cities of Kashmir. It has been identified with present Kakapur.
- Kusapura or Kushapura (कुशपुर) - was one of the Buddhist places visited by Xuan Zang in 636 AD. The place was situated between Kausambi and Ayodhya. Alexander Cunningham has identified Kusapura with Sultanpur in Uttar Pradesh.
- Kusumapura - Patna
- Mahadev Pura (महादेवपुरा) - Village in Meerut district of Uttar Pradesh.
- Mayura-pura - Haridwar
- Mula-sthana-pura - Multan, in the Punjab province of Pakistan.
- Naga-pura - Nagpur
- Pura Chhoti (पुरा छोटी) - village in Sikar tehsil of Sikar district in Rajasthan.
- Pura (Bampur) was the capital of the Gedrosia
- Pura Mathura - Village in Mat tahsil of Mathura, Uttar Pradesh.
- Pura Nausar (पुरा नौसर) - village in Timarni tahsil in Harda district in Madhya Pradesh.
- Ram Chandra Pura (राम चन्द्र पूरा) or 'Chhawni Ram Chandra Pura' - an ancient historical place in Kota Municipal area in Kota, Rajasthan.
- Ranbir Singh Pura (रनबीरसिंह पुरा) is a town and also a sub-district and a notified area committee in Jammu district in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Roop Pura (रूपपुरा) - village in tahsil Jawad in Nimach district in Madhya Pradesh.
- Sibipura, the town (pura) of the Sibis
- Singhapura (सिंहपुर) or Sinhapura was one of Buddhist Kingdoms visited by Xuanzang in 631 AD. Alexander Cunningham has identified Singhapura with Katas village near Choa Saidanshah in the Chakwal district of Punjab in Pakistan.
- Soorpura - many villages
- Surastipura (सुरस्तीपुरा) - village in Fagi tahsil in Jaipur district in Rajasthan.