- 1 Origin
- 2 History
- 3 Villages founded by Matwa clan
- 4 Distribution in Haryana
- 5 Distribution in Rajasthan
- 6 Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
- 7 Notable persons
- 8 Gallery of Matwa people
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Tejram Sharma gives details about the King Matila as One of the kings of Aryavarta defeated by Samudragupta. According to Panini, a polysyllabic name was sometime shortened in order to express affection. Thus in the case of names ending in 'ila' we find Devila being derived from Devadatta; Yajnila and Yajnadatta; Makhila from Makhadeva; Agila from Agnidatta ; Satila from Svatidatta; Nagila from Nagadatta, and Yasila, Yakhila from Yaksadatta. Similarly Matila can be formed from Matideva or Matidatta.
- "(L. 21.)- Who abounded in majesty that had been increased by violently exterminating Rudradeva, Matila, Nāgadatta, Chandravarman, Ganapatināga, Nāgasena,Achyutanandin, Balavarman, and many other kings of (the land of) Āryāvarta;-who made all the kings of the forest countries to become (his) servants;"
Villages founded by Matwa clan
- Matwa Ki Dhani (मातवा की ढाणी)- village in Nawalgarh tehsil of Jhunjhunu district in Rajasthan.
- Matwon Ki Dhani (मातवों की ढाणी) - village Gotan in Merta City tehsil of Nagaur district in Rajasthan.
- Nagla Matwa (नगला मातवा) - village in Kathumar tahsil of Alwar district in Rajasthan.
- Matuon Ki Dhani (मातुओं की ढाणी) - village in Sheo Tahsil of Barmer district in Rajasthan.
- Matwon Ki Basti (मतवों की बस्ती) - village in Jaisalmer Tahsil of Jaisalmer district in Rajasthan.
- Matwon Ki Dhani (मातवों की ढाणी) - village in Laxmangarh tahsil in Sikar district of Rajasthan.
Distribution in Haryana
Villages in Hisar district
Distribution in Rajasthan
Villages in Jhunjhunu district
Villages in Jodhpur district
Villages in Sikar district
Villages in Nagaur district
Villages in Alwar district
Villages in Barmer district
Villages in Jaisalmer district
Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
Villages in Dewas district
Villages in Sehore district
Villages in Harda district
- Rajendra Matwa - Businessman Owner of Abhimaan Institute, Address - S/o M R Choudhary (Matwa), Vill.- Matwo Ki Dhani, Gotan, Distt- Nagaur, (Rajasthan) Email- firstname.lastname@example.org Contact - 9928487598)
- Brahm Dutta (Matwa) - Retd. CTO, From village Bai in Jhunjhunu district.
- Ramniwas Matwa - RTS (2009) VPO - Modi Kala, TEH.- Degana, DISTT. - Nagaur, Rajasthan, Mobile Number : 9414335594
- Dr. Vidyadhar - J. S. (ENT) Medical & Health. Near Maroo Girls School, near N.C.C. Office, N.H.11, Sikar, Rajasthan, Phone: 01572-243999, Mob: 9829302066
- Richhpal Singh (Matwa) - KTPS. Present Address: C-105, Thermal Volony, Sakatpura, Kota, Phone: 0744-2371178, Mob: 9413385661
- Mamraj Singh (Matwa) - Commandant CRPF, Permanent Address: Vill.- Matwa Ki Dhani, Manasi, Teh-Laxmangarh, Distt-Sikar, Web.-www.matwaparivar.webs.com
- Munesh Matwa - Inspection Engineer at IOCL, B.Tech & M.Tech from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur, Permanent Address- S/O Shri Harlal Singh (Matwa), Vill.-Matwa Ki Dhani, Manasi, Teh.-Laxmangarh, Dist-Sikar (Raj), Contact No.-7501395741 , Emailemail@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org , Web.-www.matwaparivar.webs.com
- Harlal Singh (Matwa) - Ex-Serviceman of Army, Permanent Address: Vill.- Matwa Ki Dhani, Manasi, Teh.-Laxmangarh, Dist-Sikar (Raj)
- Dr. Pinki Matwa - MBBS from Government Medical College (GMC) Kota, Permanent Address- D/O Shri Mamraj Singh (Matwa), Vill.- Matwa Ki Dhani, Manasi, Teh.-Lachhmangarh, Dist-Sikar (Rajasthan), Web.-www.matwaparivar.webs.com
- Rahul Matwa - Engineer at HLS Asia, B.Tech from Malviya National Institute of Technology (MNIT) Jaipur, Permanent Address- S/O Shri Mamraj Singh (Matwa), Vill.- Matwa Ki Dhani, Manasi, Teh.-Laxmangarh, Dist-Sikar (Rajasthan), Emailemail@example.com, Web.-www.matwaparivar.webs.com
- Dr. Girish Matwa - MBBS from Government Medical College (GMC) Kota, Permanent Address- S/O Shri Harlal Singh (Matwa), Vill.- Matwa Ki Dhani, Manasi, Teh.-Laxmangarh, Dist-Sikar (Rajasthan), Web.-www.matwaparivar.webs.com
- Vikas Fageria - -Founder of SMC Education & Tech SMC. B.Tech from Govt engineering college Bikaner, Add- Vill - Manasi Teh - Laxmangarh, Dist - Sikar, contact detail - Mob- +918290618757, Efirstname.lastname@example.org
- Narayan Matwa - From Harda Madhya Pradesh, Got President's Silver Medal Award for his excellent work conducted about Census-2011. (Jat Jyoti:4/2013,p.37)
Gallery of Matwa people
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu,p.56,s.n. 2032
- Dr Mahendra Singh Arya etc,: Ādhunik Jat Itihas, p. 276
- Personal and geographical names in the Gupta inscriptions/Names of Feudatory Kings and High Officers, p.47
- 21. रुद्रदेव-मतिल-नागदत्त-चन्द्रवर्मा-गणपतिनाग-नागसेनाच्युत-नन्दि-बल-वर्म्मा-द्यनेकार्य्यावर्त्त- राज-प्रसभोद्धरणोद्धृत-प्रभाव-महत: परिचारकीकृत-सर्व्वाटविक-राजस्य
Back to Jat Gotras