- 1 Origin
- 2 History
- 3 Villages founded by Kukna clan
- 4 Distribution in Rajasthan
- 5 Distribution in Haryana
- 6 Notable person
- 7 External Links
- 8 References
It is one of Jat clans as described by Megasthenes as Cocondae (S.No.16), which may be identified with Kukana, Who adjoin the island Patale, from the furthest shore of which to the Caspian gates the distance is said to be 1, 925 miles.
Villages founded by Kukna clan
- Kuknon Ki Dhani (Barmer)
- Kuknon Ki Dhani Jodhpur
- Koonknon Ki Dhani (कुंकणों की ढाणी) - village in Nagaur tehsil & district of Rajasthan.
- Kukanwali (कुकनवाली) - village in Nawa tehsil of Nagaur district in Rajasthan.
- Kunkana Ki Dhani (कुकणा की ढाणी) - village in Didwana tehsil of Nagaur district in Rajasthan.
- Kuknon Ki Dhani (कुकणों की ढाणी) - Village in Baytoo tahsil of Barmer district in Rajasthan.
Distribution in Rajasthan
Villages in Hanumangarh district
Villages in Sri Ganganagar district
Villages in Nagaur district
Villages in Barmer district
Villages in Jodhpur district
Villages in Bikaner district
Distribution in Haryana
Villages in District Sirsa
Villages in District Fatehabad
- Jaswant Singh (Kukna) - Raj Accounts Service, Phone: 0141-2710420, Mobile: 9414788069
- Ashok Kumar Kookna: IRS (C&CE ) 2014 Batch, from Bikaner, Presently under training: 7042310999
- कूकना मे दादाजी महाराज नाम के संत भी हुवे जिनका मंदिर भी है.
- Dr Pema Ram:Rajasthan Ke Jaton Ka Itihas, p.297
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. क-69
- बाह्यकुण्डॊ मणिर नागस तथैवापूरणः खगः, वामनश चैल पत्रश च कुकुरः कुकुणस तथा Mahabharata (V.103.10)
- अचलः कनकाक्षश च बालानाम अयिकः परभुः, संचारकः कॊकनदॊ गृध्रवक्त्रश च जम्बुकः Mahabharata (IX.44.69)
Back to Gotras