- 1 Origin
- 2 History
- 3 Villages founded by Tarar clan
- 4 Distribution in Gujarat
- 5 Distribution in Rajasthan
- 6 Distribution in Haryana
- 7 Distribution in Uttar Pradesh
- 8 Distribution in Punjab
- 9 Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
- 10 Distribution in Pakistan
- 11 Notable persons from this clan
- 12 Gallery of Tarad people
- 13 References
Tarars living in Pakistan are largely Muslims, while Indian Tarars are largely Hindus and Sikhs. This distribution is largely attributed to partition of the sub continent in 1947 following which Muslim Tarars living on what was to become India moved to Pakistan. Tarars living in Pakistan are mostly Sunnis but some of them are Shia. Tarar is the one of the best cast of Punjabi and they was so brave and honourable person.
Jasrasar Bikaner (जसरासर) village in Nokha tehsil in Bikaner district in Rajasthan was founded by Jasraiji Tard. It is the main village of Tard gotra. All the Tarad Gotra Jats are considered to be originated from Village Jasrasar.
Jasrasar village was founded in samvat 1411 by Jasrai Tarad (born samvat 1391). Earlier Johiya Rajputs were inhabitants of this area. This area earlier was known as Janjira. There is an ancient well here of that period which provides drinking water.
The Johiya Rajputs invited these people to settle here for cultivation. But they wanted to settle at Malasar. They came here and settled here on the request of Johiyas. There was a war between Johiyas and Tard Jats on the dispute of name of grandmother of Johiyas that was Lawari (लावरी). Jats kept the name of their bitch as Lawari. In this war all Tarad Jats were killed except a woman who had gone to brahman’s house and was saved. Jasrai was of three years at that time. When he became 18 years of age brahmans reminded to take revenge. Her mother was daughter of Sihags of Pallu who were in power at that time. They came to take revenge on 150 horses and camped at village Sadhasar talab. The brahmans on the day of holi offered the Johiyas wine and when they were over drunk the Tard Jats killed them all. The site of Barodi Bhawan at present was a tibari. They all settled here and named the village Jasrasar after Jasrai Tarad. The wife of Jasrai was of Rad Gotra from village Gudha in Nagaur.
Villages founded by Tarar clan
- Duderia (दूदेरिया) - village in Lunkaransar tehsil of Bikaner district in Rajasthan was founded by Dudo Ji Tarad.
- Jasrasar (जसरासर) - village in Nokha tehsil in Bikaner district in Rajasthan. It is the main village of Tard gotra. All the Tarad Gotra Jats are considered to be originated from Village Jasrasar. Origin of Tarad is their epi-person named Tarwar. His descendant Dudoji founded village Duderia. Jasrasar village was founded in samvat 1411 (=1354 AD) by Jasrai Tarad who was born in samvat 1391 (=1334 AD).
- Tardon Ka Tala (तरडों का तला) - village in Chohtan Tahsil of Barmer district in Rajasthan.
- Thawariya (थावरिया) is a village of Nokha Tehsil in Bikaner district, Rajasthan.
Distribution in Gujarat
Villages in Banas Kantha district
Distribution in Rajasthan
Locations in Jaipur city
Villages in Barmer district
Villages in Bikaner district
Villages in Hanumangarh district
Villages in Ganganagar district
Villages in Jodhpur district
Villages in Nagaur district
Villages in Churu district
Distribution in Haryana
Villages in Fatehabad district
Villages in Sirsa district
Distribution in Uttar Pradesh
Villages in Shamli district
Distribution in Punjab
Villages in Firozpur district
Villages in Jalandhar district
Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
Villages in Ratlam district
Villages in Indore district
Distribution in Pakistan
Tarar (Urdu: تارڑ ) is a Punjabi tribe and Jat gotra of Northern India and in Punjab province of Pakistan.
According to 1911 census the Tarar were the principal Muslim Jat clan in districts:
In Pakistan, Tarars are one of the most educated and well-established families especially among all other Jat Castes. Tarar is considered to be a royal caste in Pakistan due to their own rule and dynasty in the central Punjab dated back from Mahmood Gaznavi's invasion of India till Mughals. They are spread out in present day in Hafizabad, Mandi Bahauddin and Gujranwala dist and a small village Sherpur of dist Jhelum of Pakistani Punjab and Indian states of Haryana, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh. Tarars are very well educated and highly rich nation. Currently, Tarar families are controlling a great part of bureaucracy of Pakistan and playing a active role in Pakistani Politics as well.
In Hafizabad District, Tarar villages include Beri Wala, Vanike Tarar, Kolo Tarar, Sindhowan Tarar, Rasoolpur Tarar, and Muzaffar Tarar While in Mandi Bahauddin district, most Tarar villages are found in Mandi Bahauddin and Phali tehsils. In Phalia Tehsil there villages include Adda Pahrianwali, Agroya, Bahri, Bhagat, Bhekho, Bherowal, Bhoa Hassan, Bumbi, Burj Ghanian, Chak Abdulla, Chak Kamal, Chak Mitha, Charound, Chayto, Dhaboola, Dhal, Dharekan Kalan, Dhola Khurd, Dhunni Kalan, Dhunni Khurd, Ghanian, Ghoghanwali, Gujjan, Haigerwala, Jago Kalan, Jokalian, Haigerwala, Kot Hamid Shah, Kot Sattar Sharqi, Kuthiala Sheikhan, Ladher, Lakhia, Mailu Kohna, Mangat, Mano Chak, Melu, Mureed, Pejo Kot, Pindi Kaloo, Raike, Randiyali, Saida Sharif, Sainthal, Sarang, Sohawa Dilowana, Sulaiman, Tariqabad, Thatha Alia, Thathi Mureed, and Thatti Shah Muhammad. In Mandi Bauddin Tehsil and include Balhar, Chak Basawa, Chak Shabaz, Chak Mano, Barri Tarar, Kala Shadian, Kot Pundiwala, Lak, Ghanian, Rattowal, , Shaheedanwali, Takhat Mal Tarar and Wasu. Outside the core Tarar area, there are also several Tarar villages in Pind Dadan Khan Tehsil of Jhelum District such as Dhudhi Thal, Kot Umer and Sherpur. In Chakwal District they are found in Dhok Virk
Notable persons from this clan
- Muhammad Rafiq Tarar - Former President of Pakistan.
- Chaudhari Riktaram Tard (चौधरी रिक्ताराम तर्ड़) - Freedom fighter. Born at village Jasrasar (जसरासर) in Bikaner district in Rajasthan
- Rupchand Chaudhary (Tarad) - Shaurya Chakra Award 1971 Indo-Pak War. Rsident:Barmer
- Lala Ram Tarad (1940 - 1965) - Martyr of 1965 Indo-Pak War. Village:Gagriya (Barmer)
- M. R. CHOUDHARY (Tard) - X.En. RHB, Date of Birth : 25-December-1950,Permanent Address : OUTSIDE JASUSAR GATE, Bikaner, Present Address : 66/168, MANSAROVAR, JAIPUR, Resident Phone Number : 0141-2780855, Mobile Number : 9828109484
- RAM NARAYAN CHOUDHARY (Tarad) - X.En. PWD, Date of Birth :1958, Permanent Address : C-29, SARDHUL GUNJ MEDICAL COLLAGE ROAD Bikaner, Resident Phone Number : 0151-2529147, Mobile Number : 9829069147
- चौ. मनीराम तरड़ एडवोकेट (आजीवन ट्रस्टी), एडवोकेट, संगरिया, 9413783991, Life Time Member Trustee Gramotthan Vidyapeeth Sangaria.
- Chaudhary Chandan Singh Moochh Director Sugarcane society Shamli Village Silawar.
- Chaudhary Ranveer singh Village Pradhan Silawar.
- Kamal Raj Trar Telecom Contractor Village Silawar.
- Amna Ram Tarad - RAS (2012), Rank 526 
Gallery of Tarad people
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu,p.42,s.n. 1107
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. त-25
- A glossary of the Tribes and Castes of the Punjab and North-West Frontier Province By H.A. Rose Vol II/J,p.376
- Mahendra Singh Arya et al: Adhunik Jat Itihas, p. 370-372
- Jat Gatha, September-2015,p. 15
Back to Gotras