Nitharwal (निठारवाल) Nitharwal (निठारवाळ) Neetharwal (निठारवाल) Nithar (निठार)  Natharwal/Natharval (नठारवल) is a clan of Jats found in Rajasthan, Punjab, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra in India and in Pakistan.
- 1 Origin
- 2 History
- 3 Villages founded by Nitharwal clan
- 4 Distribution in Rajasthan
- 4.1 Villages in Ajmer district
- 4.2 Village in Alwar district
- 4.3 Locations in Jaipur city
- 4.4 Villages in Jaipur district
- 4.5 Villages in Nagaur district
- 4.6 Villages in Churu district
- 4.7 Villages in Tonk district
- 4.8 Villages in Sikar district
- 4.9 Villages in Jhunjhunu district
- 4.10 Villages in Kota district
- 4.11 Villages in Baran district
- 4.12 Villages in Bharatpur district
- 4.13 Villages in Khargone district
- 4.14 Villages in Guna district
- 5 Distribution in Uttar Pradesh
- 6 Distribution in Maharashtra
- 7 Notable persons
- 8 Gallery of Nitharwals
- 9 Further reading
- 10 References
They are probably originated from Nagavanshi King Nishthurika (निष्ठूरक) mentioned in Mahabharata (5.103.12). Udyoga Parva/Mahabharata Book V Chapter 103 mentions Names of famous Nagas of Bhogavati which include Nishthuraka. 
Ramesh Chandra Gunarthi in his book "Rajasthani Jatiyon ki Khoj" (1977) has mentioned about the origin of this gotra. One of the sons of Amber ruler Kachchhawa was Narsi who joined Jats. The descendants of Narsi are known as Nitharwal.
According to Mansukh Ranwa there is a village Nithara near Viratnagar in Jaipur district. The Jats of this village were called Nitharwal. They have descended from Kachchhawa vans. They migrated from village Nithara and founded village Hanspur. Later on they founded villages Bharni, Ringas and Sitarampur.
H.A. Rose mentions a person named Nithar in a mirasi's chāp or ballad regarding the great deeds of the Chaddrar clan, found along the whole length of the Chenab and Ravi valleys, but far most numerous in Jhang, where they for the most part regard themselves as Rajputs, the Chhadhars claim to be descended from Raja Tur, Tunwar.
- Nithar, Kālu, Dallā, Mallu mani gāwā Meaning - I sing of Nithar, Kalu, Dallu and Mallu
Villages founded by Nitharwal clan
- Nithara (निठारा) - village in Shahpura tehsil, Jaipur district in Rajasthan. Nithara was founded by Nitharwal Jats and is their place of origin.
- Bharni Sikar (भारणी) - village in Sri Madhopur tahsil in Sikar district in Rajasthan.
- Hanspur (हांसपुर) - village in Shrimadhopur tehsil in Sikar district in Rajasthan.
- Ringas (रींगस) - city in Sri Madhopur tahsil of Sikar district in Rajasthan. It was founded by Nitharwal gotra Jats.
- Sitarampur (सीताराम पुरा) - village in Chomu tahsil in Jaipur district in Rajasthan.
Distribution in Rajasthan
Villages in Ajmer district
Village in Alwar district
Locations in Jaipur city
New Loha Mandi Road No 14 Sikar Road Airport Colony, Ambabari, Amber, C-Scheme, Civil Lines, Ganesh Colony (Khatipura), Khatipura, Malviya Nagar, Mansarowar Colony, Mansinghpura, Rampura Sanganer, Sanganer,
Villages in Jaipur district
Natharwal (नठारवल) Jats live in villages: Amarpura Guhandi (1), Awandiya (2), Badanpura (1), Bag ki Dhani (1), Bagpura Thali (3), Balapura Ladana (4), Bandha ki Dhani (3), Banmuon ki Dhani (1), Barsinghpura Jaipur (2), Bas Brijnathpura (2), Bhojpura Kalan (20), Bhojpura Madhorajpura (1), Bichi (3), Chandama Khurd (11), Chauru (1), Chimanpura Sanganer (5), Devkishanpura (11), Dhani Rajpura, Gangati Kalan, Gangati Khurd, Gopalpura Mandawari (2), Hirnoda (1), Kanchroda, Kadeda (5), Karwo Ka Bas, Kishorpura (12), Kudli (1), Ladana (1), Ladana Phagi (5), Lakholai Phagi (1), Madhorajpura (1), Mahapura, Maheshwas, Majipura, Majipura Jaipur, Malera, Mandap (11), Mankya Thali (1), Mool Ji Jat Ki Dhani (Panwaliya), Mundiya Garh, Munpura (1), Nayagaon Chaksu (5), Paladi (7), Ramchandrapura (1), Rampura, Rampura Sanganer, Renwal (16), Renwal Manji (400), Sajharia (1), Sitaram Pura (Govindgarh), Sriramjipura (8), Surastipura (3), Thala Jhadla (4),
Nitharwal (निठारवाल) Jats live in villages: Anoppura (80), Achalpura (1), Badhali ki Dhani (1), Bansa Chhoti (1), Cheemawali dhani (Jaitpura Amber), Devnagar Ladana (3), Hasterea, Kishanpura Fagi (60), Khukhar, Mandaliya (1), Watika (1), Samalpura, Shrirampura Tewariwala (2), Shyosinghpura Basra, Rampura Dabari, Teelawas (2),
Villages in Nagaur district
Villages in Churu district
Villages in Tonk district
Natharwal (नठारवल) Jats live in villages: Aranya Bassi (3), Deshaman (1), Devri Goluda (3), Farasya (1), Gurudayalpura (6), Kalanada (1), Kalyanpura Bagdi (4), Khureda Pasrotya (1), Khuredi (1), Naya Dhila (1), Nayagaon (2), Nayagaon Motipura (3), Parli (1), Raholi (8), Ratholi, Rohida (4), Tumbipura (17), Wajirpura (3),
Villages in Sikar district
Basdi, Bathot, Beri Sikar, Bhagatpura, Bharni, Chala, Chachiwad Bara, Dabason Ki Dhani (12), Dhani Balakawali, Fogawat Ki Dhani, Hanspur, Katrathal, Kerpura, Lalana, Nani, Ringas, Rulyanimali, Shekhiwas, Srimadhopur, Sikar, Sinhasan, Tiroki Chhoti, Tiwari Ka Bas, Vijaypura (Fagalwa),
Villages in Jhunjhunu district
Villages in Kota district
Villages in Baran district
Villages in Bharatpur district
Villages in Khargone district
Villages in Guna district
Distribution in Uttar Pradesh
Villages in Badayun district
Distribution in Maharashtra
Villages in Nasik district
- Lekhraj Singh Mitharwal, Self Business, BALAJI TENT UDHYOG, New Loha Mandi,Road No. 14,Sikar Road, Jaipur, Rajasthan-302013 Contact No. -9414509613
- Nitin Kumar Mitharwal,Tent Manufacturers and supplier ,BALAJI TENT UDHYOG, New Loha Mandi, Road No. 14, Sikar Road, Jaipur, Rajasthan-302013 Contact No. -9780783315
- Himmat Singh Nitharwal - Software engineer
- Suresh Chaudhary-Engineer
- Dr. B. C. Jat (Nitharwal) - Prithvi Vigyan awardee
- Lothoo Nitharwal - a revolutionary freedom fighter
- Mohan Singh (Nitharwal) - IPS (R) Rajasthan, Date of Birth :1.10.1951, V.P.O- Bharni, Tah- Srimadhopur, disst.- Sikar, Present Address : 8, Hari Marg, Civil Lines, Jaipur, Phone Number : 0141-2224748, Mob: 9414064748
- Rameshwar Lal Nitharwal - Rajasthan Tehsildar Service 
- Arjun Ram Nitharwal - Retd. Chief Manager SBBJ, Date of Birth : 15-September-1956. VPO - Kukrod ,Teh. - Makrana, Distt. - Nagaur. Present Address: Pareek Colony, Balaji Nagar, Kuchaman City, Distt. - Nagaur, Resident Phone Number : 8209180120. He has three sons and they are also Govt Officers.
- Vijay Nitharwal- Chief Manager, Bank of India.
- Mukesh Choudhary (Nitharwal)- Deputy Aviation Security Officer, Bureau of Civil Aviation Security, Resident Phone Number- 9899688271
- Dhiraj Nitharwal- Enforcement Officer, EPFO.
- Sub ASHA Ram Nitharwal, Para (Special Forces ) commando VPO - Kukrod ,Teh. - Makrana, Distt. - Nagaur. Mobile Number : 9983622259
- Ram Singh Choudhary Village post- Kukrod Teh-Makrana Dist-Nagaur (RAJ) 341505
- Arjun Lal Choudhary (Nitharwal) - Deputy Dir.(Retd.) Social Justice & Impowerment , Date of Birth : 5-May-1948,Vill.- Mandap, PO.- Chandma Kalan, Teh. - Phagi, Distt.- Jaipur, Present Address : 112/27, Thadi Market, Mansarowar, Jaipur, Phone: 0141-2395976, Mob: 9928141690
- Mahesh Kumar Nitharwal - महेश कुमार निठारवाल सीकर जिले के श्रीमाधोपुर क्षेत्र की बीजावाली ढाणी के रहनेवाले थे. वे 19 अक्तूबर 2018 को द्रास सेक्टर में भूस्खलन के दौरान शहीद हो गए. 
Gallery of Nitharwals
- Jat Samaj: Agra, October, 1993
- Ramesh Chandra Gunarthi, Savar, Ajmer (1977): Rajasthani Jatiyon ki khoj
- Mansukh Ranwa ‘Manu’: Amar Shaheed Lotu Jat, J C Ranwa Prakashan, Sikar, 2001
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. न-8
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu,p.47,s.n. 1410
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. न-24
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu,p.47,s.n. 1410
- सुमनॊमुखॊ दधिमुखः शङ्खॊ नन्दॊपनन्दकौ । आप्तः कॊटनकश चैव शिखी निष्ठूरिकस तथा ।Mahabharata (5.103.12)
- A glossary of the Tribes and Castes of the Punjab and North-West Frontier Province By H.A. Rose Vol II/B , p.159
- Mahendra Singh Arya et al: Adhunik Jat Itihas, p. 377
- दैनिक भास्कर, जयपुर, 21.102018
Back to Jat Gotras