Siwach (सिवाच) Sewach (सिवाच) Siwas (सिवास) Shiwas (शिवास) Shiwach (शिवाच) Siwayach (सिवायच)  , Siwatch (सिवाच), Swaich (सिवाच) Swatch (सिवाच) & Diwach (दिवाच) Siwahe (सिवाहे) is a Jat clan or gotra found in Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh , Punjab , Delhi & Rajasthan. They were supports of Chauhan Confederacy.
- 1 Origin
- 2 History
- 3 Distribution
- 4 Distribution in Delhi
- 5 Distribution in Haryana
- 6 Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
- 7 Distribution in Uttar Pradesh
- 8 Distribution in Punjab
- 9 Distribution in Rajasthan
- 10 Notable persons
- 11 Gallery of Siwach people
- 12 External links
- 13 References
Siwach is a 'A Nagavanshi' Jat clan. They are mostly settled in the villages of Distt Rohtak and Fatehabad of Haryana.In Punjab they are settled in Distt Ludhiana. Being Since they are Nagavanshis,it is believed that Siwach Jats are not harmed by serpents.
In Ludhiana distt & on Samrala Chawa raod, Bagli Khurd & Bagli Kalan are two villages of Swaich Jats. Bagli was founded by Bagli who was sister of Purba, a Gill Jat, on whose name village Purba exists near Bagli.
Bagli was married in a Swaich (Siwach) family of village Khanaura, Teh Nehla,Distt Fatehbad of Haryana. Bagli had four sons. They were Sabba,Daggo,Bana & Chaeya.Because of some family problem,Bagli along with her sons came back to her brother in village Purba.At that time because of local traditional rituals,staying of married sister with her brother was not considered as good. So Purba advised her to settle at some distant village. Hence Bagli chose a place at a distance of about 2 kms from Purba where some Naaths were staying & laid the foundation of village Bagli.This Naathan da Dera is still there in village Bagli Kalan.
After years & years,the coming generations of Chaeya & half of the families of Sabba & Daggo moved 1 Km on the South West of Bagli & settled there which became to be known as Bagli Khurd. Main village was recorded as Bagli Kalan in the revenue records.Families of Bana & half of the families of Daggo & Sabba stayed back in Bagli Kalan.
After the name of Bagli four sons, Sabba,Bana,Daggo & Chaeya,there are four Pattis of Swaich Jats in these villages.
Village Gagda - Few years later, there was a famine in the Norheren Indian states. During that time Gagda, elder brother in law of Bagli,along with his family came to Bagli in search of prosperity.Bagli & her sons advised him to settle in this area.So with the consent of elders,he founded a new village after his name Gagda which is on the Samrala - Khanna road.
At the time of Mughal empire,half of the village embraced Islam.This mohammeden population migrated to Pakistan in 1947.In place of them refugees came from Pakistan & they were allotted agricultural lands in this village.Because of this half of the population of village Gagda is of non Swaich Jats.
During British rule, the Government decided to create district Lyallpur, now in Pakistan.In 1890, many families of Sabba patti & 2-3 families of Daggo patti moved to Lyallpur distt where they settled at village Nagra Chak near Toba Tek Singh.They returned back to their native places during partition in 1947.Later on,in exchange of their agricultural lands in Pakistan,they were allotted lands in the following villages.
Lalauri (Naulari), Gazipur, Aluna, Karaudian, Kartarpur, KumKalan, Machhiwara, Chakli, Katala, Samrala, Mution, Neoian Majri, Kalewal, Khanna, Amloh, Bholye, Sadhoheri, Dheengi, Rudki, Panjola, Tohra, Kheri Jattan, Badgurjan, Ghakkewal near Rahon. They all are known as 'Bagli wale Swaich'.
Apart from this Swaich (Siwach) Jats are also founded in the following villages:
Distribution in Delhi
There are also some Families of Siwach Gotra of Jats are residing in Delhi in Various places & Villages. Some villages are: Devli (Major Gotra is Siwas), Shakurpur, Alipur Delhi, Nazafgarh & many more.
Distribution in Haryana
Villages in Rohtak district
Villages in Jhajjar district
Villages in Bhiwani district
Villages in Sonipat District
Villages in Hisar district
Villages in Fatehabad district
Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
Villages in Mandsaur district
Villages in Gwalior district
Distribution in Uttar Pradesh
Villages in Jyotiba Phuley Nagar district
Villages in Bulandshahr district
Villages in Meerut district
Villages in Muzaffarnagar district
Villages in Gautam Budh Nagar district
Distribution in Punjab
Villages in Ludhiana district
From these three original villages of Swaich Jats in Punjab, some have spread to other villages mentioned below: Lalauri(Naulari),Gazipur,Aluna,Karaudian,Kartarpur,KumKalan,Machhiwara,Chakli,Katala,Samrala,Mution,Neoian Majri,Kalewal,Khanna,Amloh,Bholye,Sadhoheri,Dheengi,Rudki,Panjola,Tohra,Kheri Jattan,Badgurjan,Ghakkewal near Rahon. They all are known as 'Bagli wale Swaich'. http://jattswaich.com
Approximately half of the Jat population in Gagra belogs to Swaich families. The rest are Gill or Dhillon who arrived after the partition when the Muslim inhabitants left for Pakistan.
Distribution in Rajasthan
Locations in Jaipur city
Villages in Jhunjhunu district
Villages in Hanumangarh district
- Late Sh. Kapil Dev Shastri (Siwach) - Freedom Fighter and Ex Member of Parliament - Village: Gharwal.
- Dr.Mrs.Sunita Siwach - Lecturer English. Government Girls College Panchkula.
- Dr.Narinder Siwach - Lecturer Government College Panchkula.
- Dr. Kartar Singh Siwtach - HOD Gastroenterology, PGIMER, Chandigarh
- Mrs. Saroj Siwatch - IAS Chandigarh, CEO, Shivalik Development Board Haryana Govt. Ambala, 525, Sector-16, Chandigarh, Ph: 0171-22530017, 0171-549744, (PP-1039)
- Dr.Sujata Siwatch - MD in Gyanecology and studied from PGIMER and AIIMS
- Vivek Siwatch - BE from Delhi College of Engineering in India and then MS in engineering from a top level university in texas, USA. After that he worked in USA for 4 years and then did MBA from a top university in USA. Currently work in Los Angeles as a Financial Analyst in a senior position in a private firm.
- Pritam Siwach - Hockey player.
- Sunil Kumar Siwach - Boxer.
- Sanjay Siwach - University Lecturer.
- Anil Kumar Siwach- Librarian.
- Vijay Kumar Siwach - Demonstrator, PGIMER, Chandigarh.
- Dr. Rajinder S Shiwach - Psychiatrist - Desoto, Texas.
- Vivek K Shiwach - Scientist, Kochi-Kerala.
- Amit Kumar Siwach - Software Professional-Gurgoan.
- Dr. Sumit Siwach - Homeopathy Doctor - Meerut.
- Dr. Ramchander Siwatch - Medicine Associate Proffessor Health Haryana Govt. Deptt of Orthopaedics, PGIMS Rohtak, Rohtak, 31/9J, Medical Enclave Rohtak Haryana, Ph:01262-2242552, 01262-2144922, 9416050922 (PP-958)
- Late. Ch. Tej Singh Siwach - From Village Mandona Jafrabad distt - Bulandshahr in U.P.
- Late. Ch. Giraaj Singh Siwach - From Village Mandona Jafrabad distt - Bulandshahr in U.P.
- Late. Ch. Jaipal Singh Siwach - From Village Mandona Jafrabad distt - Bulandshahr in U.P.
- Ch. Balbir Singh Siwach - Retd. Officer From C.A.G, New Delhi. - From Village Mandona Jafrabad distt - Bulandshahr in U.P.
- Ch. Vikram Singh Siwach - From Village Mandona Jafrabad distt - Bulandshahr in U.P.
- Sharwan Kumar Diwach - MLA from Surajgarh, Jhunjhunu. Address:- Village - Ghardu Ki Dhani, Post - Surajgarh, Teh.- Chirawa, Jhunjhunu, (Raj.), Phone- 94140-81255, 01596-237555
- Dr Raj Kumar Siwach - Dean & HOD Public Administration, Ch. Devi Lal University, Sirsa, Haryana
- Mahavir Singh (Sivanch) - Retd Engineer BHEL Haridwar, Address: P-215, Shiwalik Nagar, BHEL, Haridwar, originally from Ghadwal, Gohana, Sonipat, Haryana 
- Saurabh Chaudhary (Siwach) is an Indian Sport Shooter. He won the Gold medal at the 2018 Asian Games in 10 m Air Pistol.
Gallery of Siwach people
- O.S.Tugania:Jat Samuday ke Pramukh Adhar Bindu,p.62,s.n. 2454
- B S Dahiya:Jats the Ancient Rulers (A clan study), p.243, s.n.214
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. स-60
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. स-55
- Jat Varna Mimansa (1910) by Pandit Amichandra Sharma,p. 56
- Mahendra Singh Arya et al: Adhunik Jat Itihas, p.284
- Jat Samaj, Agra, 7/2016,p.30
Back to Jat Gotras