Chopra (चोपड़ा) Chopda (चोपडा) Chaupda (चौपडा) Chaupda (चौपडा) Chaupra (चौपडा) Chopare (चोपड़े) Chopadiya (चोपडिया) Chopad (चोपड) Goyat (गोयत) Badhran (बधराण) is same Gotra of Jats. Goyat are also called Chopra. They are also related to Badrain/ Budhrain/ Badhran/ Budhrayan/ Goyat. They are found in Rajasthan, Haryana and Maharashtra. They are branch of Chauhan.
- 1 History
- 2 Villages founded by Chopra clan
- 3 Distribution in Rajasthan
- 3.1 Locations in Jaipur district
- 3.2 Villages in Jaipur district
- 3.3 Villages in Sikar district
- 3.4 Villages in Alwar district
- 3.5 Villages in Tonk district
- 3.6 Villages in Nagaur district
- 3.7 Villages in Chittorgarh district
- 3.8 Villages in Sawai Madhopur district
- 3.9 Villages in Barmer district
- 3.10 Villages in Dausa district
- 4 Distribution in Haryana state
- 5 Distribution in Punjab
- 6 Distribution in Uttar Pradesh
- 7 Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
- 8 Distribution in Bihar
- 9 Notable Persons
- 10 References
They were inhabitants of capital place named Champa (चम्पा).  According to Dr Tugania's book Chahuan vanshi Lakra Jaton ka Itihas (Chapter 32) certain Jat gotras have some common origins arising out of Chahmans or Chauhans. Chopda gotra is one out of Chauhan vansha.
Some elderly person of [[Chopra] Gotra say that in Haryana Chopra came from Rajasthan and they use Goyat. all Goyats first came to Kungar (Bhiwani) village first and then spread to other parts of Haryana like Narwana and villages like Kapro, Jhanj, Kalsora, Nathori, Shergarh Tapu, Shergarh Nathori in Karnal ...Goyats came to Kungar (Bhiwani) from hills of Dhosi situated in Rajasthan.
Villages founded by Chopra clan
- Chopra Ki Dhani (चोपडा की ढाणी) - village in Merta City tehsil of Nagaur district in Rajasthan.
- Chopra ki Dhanii (चोपडा की ढाणी) - in Tankarda village of Chomu district in Jaipur in Rajasthan.
Distribution in Rajasthan
Locations in Jaipur district
Villages in Jaipur district
Chaupda Jats live in villages: Awandiya(1), Aliwas(1), Amkeshpura(6), Bhakrota (1) Badanpura(1), Basari, Dalania Kudli(5), Dedoo, Degrawas, Dhamana(1), Ganwar Jatan (Sanganer)(8), Jhag (10), Jharana Phagi, Kadeda(2), Kalalya ki Dhani(2), Kalana Tiba(1), Kalyanpura Sewa(1), Kularyan ki Dhani(1), Khuriyal, Mandap (1), Mansar Tootoli(1), Morija, Mukundpura Dadawata(1), Mundiya Garh, Palawala(1), Rampura Dabari, Panchyawala, Rasili(1), Shri Rampura, Shyosinghpura Basra, Tankarda, Titaria(1), Udaypuriya(1), Watika(2),
Villages in Sikar district
Villages in Alwar district
Villages in Tonk district
Bambor (1), Ajampur (1), Akhtadi (9), Beelwasya (4), Dhareda (2), Dungari Khurd (1), Farasya (3), Ghareda, Gunpura (1), Hamirpur (1), Jhirana (16), Madhoganj (6), Manda Aliyari (3), Nagar (20), Nayagaon (1), Paldi Dardahind (42), Pandreda (9), Ramniwaspura (4), Tilajoo (3), Wajirpura (14),
Villages in Nagaur district
Villages in Chittorgarh district
Villages in Sawai Madhopur district
Villages in Barmer district
Villages in Dausa district
Distribution in Haryana state
Locations in Karnal district
Goyat,[[Chopra] and Budhrayan are same gotra . People of Goyat/Chopra gotra living in Karnal area call themselve Budhrain,Budhrayan,Badrain,Badhran for showing respect to person named Budha Goyat who took these Goyat people to Yamuna river region of Karnal city from Kapro village in Hisar distt. .villages of these Goyat/Chopra/Budhrain,Budhrayan,Badrain,Badhran in and near Karnal distt. are-
Villages in Karnal district
Villages in Kurukshetra district
Villages in Bhiwani district
Villages in Hisar district
Villages in Rohtak district
Villages in Jind district
Distribution in Punjab
Distribution in Uttar Pradesh
Villages in Barelly district
Villages in Ghaziabad district
Milak Rawali (near Muradnagar) ,
Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
Villages in Ratlam district
Villages in Ratlam with population of this gotra are:
Villages in Nimach district
Villages in Dewas district
Villages in Sehore district
Villages in Indore district
Pardeshipura (a locality in Indore city)
Villages in Khargone district
Villages in Shajapur district
Villages in Rajgarh district
Distribution in Bihar
Village in Paraná District
Village in Sehersa District
- Ghasi Lal Chopda - Ex MLA from Todaraisingh in Tonk district.
- Sher Singh Badshami Budhrain of Indian National Lokdal(INLD) who is contesting assembly election in october 2009 from Ladwa, Kurukshetra.
- B. S. Chopra - IAS, Cabinet Secretary,Govt. of India, N.Delhi.
- Dinesh Chopra - Inspector, Cpt.Cricket team, Central Excise Indore, MP.
- Dr. C. M. Chopra - J S (Medicine) Medical & Health, Date of Birth : 1-July-1950, Vill.- Basari P O- Gadota , Via - Bagru, distt.- Jaipur, , Present Address : 547, Hanuman Nagar Extn., Sirsi Road ,Jaipur, Phone Number : 9414062162, Mob: 9461307062.
- S.K. Chopra - Vice President Hythro Power Corp. Ltd., Date of Birth : 1-November-1953, Village.- Shyosinghpura Basra, Nasnoda via Bagru, Tehsil- Dudu, Dist.- Jaipur. Present Address : 236, Bajarang Marg, Hanuman Nagar Extn., Jaipur, Rajasthan-302012, Phone Number : 0141-2350246, Mob: 9460406999, Email- email@example.com.
- Kavita Goyat - Boxer
- Mr.Wazeer Singh Goyat - IAS
- Dharam Vir Singh Goyat - HCS Haryana
- Adv Pooja Goyat - ETO Haryana
- Mr.Ganga Ram Goyat - Chief Engineer (Irr. Dept.)
- Kuman Singh Goyat - G.M ,D.I.C
- CH. S.P. Singh Goyat, Advocate, Punjab and Haryana High Court At Chandigarh, MOB;- 09417004021.
- Master Ishwar Singh Goyat, Chief Organiser World Goyats Association, Mob.- 09466319867.
- Randhir Singh Badhran Goyat - Municipal Councillor, Panchkula, "Member International Bar Association London U.K", Advocate Punjab & Haryana High Court Chandigarh
- Paramvir Singh Goyat: IAS 2014, Punjab Cadre, From: Kungar Bhaini village of Bhiwani district in Haryana/Panchkula, Haryana, M: 9899016543
- Squadron leaderS S Goyat - Officer in Indian Airforce. From (Bhaini Kungar).
- Dr Pema Ram:Rajasthan Ke Jaton Ka Itihas, 2010, p.300
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. च-24
- A glossary of the Tribes and Castes of the Punjab and North-West Frontier Province By H.A. Rose Vol II/C, p.182
- Mahendra Singh Arya et al.: Adhunik Jat Itihas, Agra 1998, p.242
- History and study of the Jats. B.S Dhillon. p.126
- Jat Jyoti: 9/2015,p.24
Back to Jat Gotras