Karhwasra (कड़वासरा) Karwasra (कड़वासरा) Karwasara (कड़वासरा) Kadwasra (कडवासरा) Kadwasda Kadwasara (कडवासरा) Kurwasra (कुरवासरा) (कुड़वासरा) Karhvasra (कड़वासरा) is a gotra of Jats found in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab and Haryana in India. They belong to the Dahiya Clan.
- 1 Origin
- 2 History
- 3 Villages founded by Karwasra
- 4 Manglana Stone Inscription of V. 1272 (1215 AD)
- 5 Origin from Trigartas
- 6 Distribution in Rajasthan
- 6.1 Villages in Sikar district
- 6.2 Villages in Churu district
- 6.3 Villages in Hanumangarh district
- 6.4 Villages in Ganganagar district
- 6.5 Locations in Jaipur city
- 6.6 Villages in Jaipur district
- 6.7 Villages in Jhunjhunu district
- 6.8 Villages in Nagaur district
- 6.9 Villages in Barmer district
- 6.10 Villages in Jodhpur district
- 6.11 Villages in Jaisalmer district
- 6.12 Villages in Bikaner district
- 6.13 Villages in Pali district
- 7 Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
- 8 Distribution in Maharashtra
- 9 Distribution in Haryana
- 10 Distribution in Punjab
- 11 Notable persons from this gotra
- 12 Gallery of Kadwasra people
- 13 Reference
Ram Swarup Joon writes that Karhwasra belong-to the Dahiya Clan. Their most prominent ruler was Karhwasra Rao. A rock inscription inscribed by his grandson was found in village Manglana in district of Maroth in Jodhpur State, in which they have been called as Dahiyas. It was inscribed in 1215 AD and has been referred to in the book 'Indians in the Cauvery' on pages 87 and 88.
The gotra originated from their most prominent ruler Kadavarao (कड़वाराव). A rock inscription inscribed by his grandson Chachcha Rana was found in village Mangalana in district Maroth in Jodhpur princely state, in which they have been called as Dahiyas. It was inscribed in 1215 AD. It has been referred to in the book 'Indians in the Cauvery' on pages 87 and 88.
In the Kinsariya inscriptions of Chachha Dahiya of S.V. 1056-57 (999 AD), reported in EI, Vol. XII, pp. 56-57, He is mentioned as "Kulam Dahiyākam Jātam" and the inscriptions gives at least four generations of that prince.
The chronology of the rulers of Dahiya clan is as under: • Dadhichi (दधिची) , • Vimal Raja (विमल राजा) , • Sivar (सिवर) , • Kulkhat (कुलखत) , • Atar (अतर) , • Ajayvah (अजयवाह) , • Vijayvah (विजयवाह), • Susal (सुसल) , • Shalivahan (शालिवाहन) , • Narwad (नरवाड़) , • Choohad (चूहड़) , • Deoraj (देवराज) , • Gunrang (गुणरंग) , • Kadavarao (कड़वाराव) , • Kirti Singh (कीर्ति सिंह) , • Bairi Singh (बैरी सिंह) , • Chachcha Rana (चच्चा राणा) .
The Jats of Karwasra and Karwa have originated from Kadavarao (कड़वाराव). Harsolav village in Nagaur district is about seven centuries old. It is associated with hstory of Karwasra Jats. There are ruins of ancient buildings. Pipaliya Bara of Karwasra Jats in Harsolav village is a famous place where there are chhatris of their ancestors.
Villages founded by Karwasra
- Karwasaron Ki Dhani (कड़वासरों की ढाणी) - village in Merta city tahsil, Nagaur district in Rajasthan.
- Kadwasron Ki Dhani (कडवासरों की ढाणी) - Village in Barmer tahsil of Barmer district in Rajasthan.
- Swami ki Dhani (स्वामी की ढाणी) - village in Fatehpur tahsil in Sikar district in Rajasthan. It was founded by Jalu Ram Kadwasra.
Manglana Stone Inscription of V. 1272 (1215 AD)
Manglana was on the northern fringes of Chauhan Kingdom. Govinda was succeeded by his son Valhana in Kingdom of Ranthambhor.That, like his father, he continued to recognize the supremacy of the Delhi Sultanate is obvious from the Manglana Stone Inscription of V. 1272 (1215 AD) which refers itself to victorious reign of Shamsuddin, the lord of Ghor and Ghazna and the gadhapati Valhanadeva ruling at Ranthambhor. It is dated Sunday, the 11th of the dark half of Jyeshtha, V. 1272 (1215 AD), and records the construction of a step-well by Valhana's feudatory Jaitrasimha, son of Mahamandaleshvara Padmasimhadeva of the Dadhichaka family (Dahiya). (IA,XLI,p.87f) 
Origin from Trigartas
Maheswari Prasad consider this gotra to be originated from ancient Trigarta clan named Kauṇḍoparastha. He writes that it appears that at the time of the final redaction of the Mahabharata the tradition of the six important clans of the Trigartas was well established. It is carious to note that in connection with the application of a suffix Panini makes a reference to the Damini (दामिनी) group and the six Trigartas (दामन्यादि त्रिगर्तसष्टाच्छ: v.3.116). On the basis of an ancient verse the Kashika commentary names these as Kauṇḍoparastha (कौण्डोपरस्थ) , Dāṇḍakī (दाण्डकी), Krauṣṭakī (क्रौष्टकी), Jālamāni (जालमानि), Brahmagupta (ब्रह्मगुप्त), and Jānaki (जानकी). These communities mentioned in the grammatical literature can be identified with following Jat Gotra names:
- (3) Dāṇḍakī (दाण्डकी): Dangi,
- (5) Jālamāni (जालमानि): Jali,
Distribution in Rajasthan
Villages in Sikar district
Villages in Churu district
Villages in Hanumangarh district
15 hmh Amarpura Jalukhat, Bhadra, Bhairusari, Chaiya, Chautala, Deidas, Dhaban, Dhannasar, Dhandela, Dingarh, Ghotra Khalsa, Fatuhi, Hanumangarh, Kamrani, Karanpura, Kishanpura Utradha, Lalana, Nagrana, Pakka Saharana, Rampuriya Hanumangarh, Ramsara, Ratanpura, Rawatsar, Rohidawali, Sangaria, Surewala,
Villages in Ganganagar district
Locations in Jaipur city
Jawahar Nagar, Mansarowar Colony, Queens Road,
Villages in Jaipur district
Villages in Jhunjhunu district
Villages in Nagaur district
Villages in Barmer district
Amarji Ki Dhani, Anta Barmer, Baitu, Baniya Sanda Dhora, Barmer, Bayatu Panji, Beriwala Tala (बेरीवाला तला), Bhadupura, Bheemra, Bhimdi, Borwa Barmer, Chabawas, Chawanada, Chhitar Ka Par, Chuli, Dakhan (12), Garal (20), Gira, Gorasia Ka Tala, Harsani, Hira Ki Dhani, Hironion Ka Tala, Hudo Ki Dhani, Jhakh Barmer, Kadwasron Ki Dhani, Kanor, Khinpsar, Khokhsar, Kosariya, Ladhaniyon Ki Dhani, Lilala, Loonara, Madpura Barwala, Madpura Barwala, Mahigoniyon Moodhon Ki Dhani, Nagoniyon Dhatarwalon Ki Dhani, Naukh (10), Nimboniyon Ki Dhani, Nokhra (5), Purawa, Ramariya Tala, Ramderiya Tala, Ratasar, Sahar, Sindari, Sobhala Jetmalan (12), Somesara, Tankeliyasr, Umarlai Khalsa, Mewa Nagar
Villages in Jodhpur district
Villages in Jaisalmer district
Villages in Bikaner district
Villages in Pali district
Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
Villages in Ratlam district
Villages in Indore district
Distribution in Maharashtra
Villages in Dhule district
Distribution in Haryana
Villages in Sirsa District
Villages in Fatehabad District
Villages in Hisar district
Distribution in Punjab
Notable persons from this gotra
- Ram Chandra Chaudhary
- Ganpat Ram Kadwasra (10.8.1994-24.9.2017) is from village Khudiyala, Osian, Jodhpur, Rajasthan. He was from Jat Regiment. He became martyr on 24.9.2017 fighting with enemies in Jammu and Kashmir.
- A.C. Karwasra - IFS, Himachal Pradesh, 1971 Belong to Village Pili Mandori Distt. Fatehabad.
- Dr. S.P.S. Karwasra-Former Scientist, H.A.U. Hissar Also belong to Village Pili Mandori.
- Late Shri Narayan Ram Karwasra - winner of Amrita Devi Vishnoi Smriti Award 1999 for protecting wild animals
- Magha Ram Karwasra - Martyr of 1971 Indo-Pak War, Village: Janduo Ki Dhani (Barmer)
- Magna Ram Karwasra - Martyr of 1971 Indo-Pak War, Village: Sisodiyon Ka Pana (Barmer)
- Dr. C. L. Verma- Surgical Specialist,Vice District Governor LIONS CLUBS INTERNATIONAL District 323G1.
- Nathu Ram Karwasra (Sub) - From ....?, Rajasthan, Martyr of Op Rakshak (J&K) 09-11-1999, JC-208086 , Rashtriya Rifles
- Taga Ram Choudhary (Karwasra)- Ex MLA Barmer
- Achala Ram Karwasra - Commandant BSF, from village Madpura Barwala (Barmer),
- Sandeep Karwasra - He lost his life in March 2012 for Reservation in Jobs for OBC in Haryana.
- चौ. नरेन्द्र कुमार कड़वासरा (आजीवन ट्रस्टी), चौधरी पोल्ट्री फार्म, हनुमानगढ़ टाउन, 9414094302, Life Time Member Trustee Gramotthan Vidyapeeth Sangaria.
- चौ. सुरेन्द्र कुमार कड़वासरा (ट्रस्टी), चौधरी पोल्ट्री फार्म, हनुमानगढ़ टाउन, 9414095825, Trustee for 2013-2017 Session Gramotthan Vidyapeeth Sangaria.
- श्री गुगनराम कड़वासरा (ट्रस्टी), व.अ., ग्रामोत्थान विध्यापीठ परिसर, संगरिया, 9414508581, Trustee for 2013-2017 Session Gramotthan Vidyapeeth Sangaria.
- Hira Ram Kadwasra - RAS (2012), from Chohtan (Chohtan, Barmer) 
- Rakesh Kadwasra - RAS (2012), from Lalana (Nohar,Hanumangarh) 
- Prince Choudhary S/O Shri Rama Ram Kadwasra - got the All India Rank 5 in NEET result 2018, from village Sanjata, tehsil Dhorimana, district Barmer.
Gallery of Kadwasra people
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. क-151
- Jat History Dalip Singh Ahlawat/Parishisht-I, s.n. क-44
- Ram Swarup Joon: History of the Jats/Chapter V,p. 80
- Jat History Thakur Deshraj/Chapter IX,p.695
- Mahendra Singh Arya et al.: Adhunik Jat Itihas, Agra 1998, p. 229
- Ram Swarup Joon: History of the Jats/Chapter V,p. 90
- Early Chauhan Dynasties" by Dasharatha Sharma, p.118-119
- Maheswari Prasad, “Jats in Ancient India”:The Jats, Ed. Dr Vir Singh, Vol.I, p. 26
- Jat Gatha, September-2015,p. 15
- Jat Gatha, September-2015,p. 15
Back to Gotras