Dagar (डागर) Digrana (डीगराणा) Deegrana (डीगराणा)/ Dagur (डागुर)  Dangar (डांगर) Dangur (डांगुर)  Dagal (डागल) Danger/Dingari/Dangi/Dalgi is a clan or gotra of Jats found in Rajasthan, Delhi, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh in India and in Pakistan. Dagar/Dangarik (डंगरीक) Jat clan is found in Afghanistan. Dilip Singh Ahlawat has mentioned it as one of the ruling Jat clans in Central Asia.  Dagar Jat Gotra is also found in Ahirs.
- 1 Origin
- 2 Genealogy of Yadubhan
- 3 History
- 4 फौजदार उपाधि
- 5 मध्य एशिया में डागर
- 6 Dagur Khap
- 7 Distribution in Uttar Pradesh
- 7.1 Villages in Aligarh district
- 7.2 Villages in Agra district
- 7.3 Villages in Bagpat district
- 7.4 Villages in Bulandshahr district
- 7.5 Villages in Bijnor district
- 7.6 Villages in Ghaziabad district
- 7.7 Villages in Hapur District
- 7.8 Villages in Firozabad district
- 7.9 Villages in Gautam Budh Nagar district
- 7.10 Villages in Meerut district
- 8 Distribution in Delhi
- 9 Distribution in Rajasthan
- 10 Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
- 11 Distribution in Haryana
- 11.1 Villages in Palwal district
- 11.2 Villages in Bhiwani district
- 11.3 Villages in Rohtak district
- 11.4 Villages in Faridabad district
- 11.5 Villages in Gurgaon district
- 11.6 Villages in Sonipat district
- 11.7 Villages in Jhajjar district
- 11.8 Villages in Karnal district
- 11.9 Villages in Bhiwani district
- 12 Distribution in Pakistan
- 13 Notable persons
- 14 Gallery
- 15 References
There have emerged several versions to trace the origin of the Dagurs:
- Origin from Dang : According to one view the gotra got its name from the word Dang, which is used for mountain and the people who settled at Dang were called Dagur. 
- The people who lived on the banks of Gambhir River in forest of Garkati were called Dagar.
- Yadubhan founded a State in Himalayas and assumed the title of Dang, which gave the name Dagar.
- They are said also to have got this name from a place called Dagarauha (डागारोहा).
- The gotra gets name from word Dang, which is used for mountain and people who were settled at Dang were called Dagur. 
- यदुवंश के शाखागोत्र - : 1. वृष्णि 2. अन्धक 3. हाला 4. शिवस्कन्दे-सौकन्दे 5. डागुर-डीगराणा 6. खिरवार-खरे 7. बलहारा 8. सारन 9. सिनसिनवाल 10. छोंकर 11. सोगरवार 12. हांगा 13. घनिहार 14. भोज ।
Genealogy of Yadubhan
34. Andhaka → 35. Bhajmana → 36. Viduratha → 37. Shura → 38. Shini → 39. Bhoja → 40. Hardika → 41. Devamidha → 42. Vasudeva → 43. Krishna → 44. Pradyumna → 45. Aniruddha → 46. Vajra → 47 (1). Naba + 47 (2). Khira (Khira → Jhareja + Yadubhan)
47. Naba → 48. Bahubal (+Prithibahu) → 48. Bahubal (w.Kamlavati Puar) → 49. Bahu → 50. Subahu → 51. Rijh → 52. Raja Gaj (founded Ghazni in Yudhishthira 3008= BC 93) → Salivahana (S.72 = AD 16) → 53. Raja Baland
History of the Jats, End of Page-78
They are found spread over Western and Eastern Punjab and U.P. According to the Dagars of Delhi area their ancestors had come from Gujrat and their forefather was one Yadu Bhan, nephew of Nabha-ji and brother of Jadija. For this reason Dagars are related to the Gondals.
As they lived in this hilly region, they are called Dagar or Danger. The Dagar have 20 villages in Delhi, and about 24 villages near Hindon in Jaipur State, some villages in Rohtak and about 25 villages in Bharatpur State. They are also found in Bikaner, Multan, Muzaffarnagar and Western Punjab.
In Brij area Jadecha and Yadubhan were two brothers in Yaduvansh. Jadecha established his kingdom in Kathiawar and joined Rajputs. Yadubhan moved to Himalayas and established his kingdom near Himalayas. The hills in the area of Yadubhan were known as 'Dang'. The hill series were known as 'Yadu ki Dang'. On the basis of their habitation in Dang, the Jat kshatriyas of this region are known as Daga, Dagur and Digrana.
Bhim Singh Dahiya mentions about this clan that Pliny first mentions this Jat clan in Central Asia as 'Tagoras' who went westwards with Yue-che hordes in second century BC. Maencheu Helfen identifies them with the Asis and the Tokhars.  S.P. Tolstov identifies the Turkish tribe Duker, with the Tokhars. Digor is also mentioned as one of the four tribes of the Ossets (Vasati of Indian works). They called their on the Uruk river and its tributaries as Digor, or Digur, which name appears in the Geography of Moses, of Khorene as As-Digor. These Digors were the ancestors of the Dagar Jats. P C Bagachi believes the Dogar and Tukhars were one and the same.  The ruling family of Orchha - Tikamgarh was called Digora.  
H. W. Bellew in An Inquiry Into the Ethnography of Afghanistan writes that Chanqiz Khan family, when the empire of the Mughal Tatar in Persia commenced to decline, by one Abdurrazzac, Bashtini ; who at the head of a numerous band of adventurers of all sorts raised the standard of rebellion, and capturing several cities of Khorasan, assumed royalty at Sabzwar, where his dynasty reigned under a succession of twelve princes for only thirty-five years. The national title of the Sarbedal was Dagar. The last Sarbedal prince, Amir Khwaja Abi Muyad, attached himself to Tamer-lane, when he entered Khorasan in 1380 A.D., and was treated by that conqueror with favour. 
फौजदार - यह उपाधि मुगल शासनकाल में उन शाही उच्च अधिकारियों को दी जाती थी जो कई परगनों या प्रान्त की शासन व्यवस्था करते थे। जाटों में उपाधि प्राचीन राजवंशज जाट जो सेना (फौज) में रखते थे उनके द्वारा काम मे ली जाती थी। ब्रज क्षेत्र के जाट फौजदार और ठाकुर उपाधि का उपयोग करते आ रहे हैं । पांडव गाथा के अनुसार ब्रज क्षेत्र में 4 गोत्रों(सिनसिनवार, कुन्तल(तोमर),सोगरवार(सोघरिया),चाहर(चहल) को डुंग यानी बड़ा भाई बोला जाता है इनकी गोत्रों द्वारा समय समय पर अपने राज्य कायम किये फौज रखने के कारण ही यह फौजदार कहलाए जाते हैं। भरतपुर के सभी सिनसिनवार गोत्र के जाट, अलीगढ, मथुरा के खूंटेल (कुन्तल), डागुर, चाहर, गंड और भगौर गोत्रों के जाट फौजदार कहलाते हैं।
मध्य एशिया में डागर
Distribution in Uttar Pradesh
Villages in Aligarh district
There are 10 villages of this khap in Aligarh district in Uttar Pradesh. . The villages in Aligarh district of Brij region near Tappal are of Dagur Jats. Mukhram Singh founded the village "Dagur Nagla" near Mursan.
Villages in Agra district
Villages in Bagpat district
Villages in Bulandshahr district
Villages in Bijnor district
Villages in Ghaziabad district
Villages in Hapur District
Villages in Firozabad district
Villages in Gautam Budh Nagar district
Villages in Meerut district
Distribution in Delhi
- Jharauda Kalan, Dhansa, Samaspur, Ujawaa, Malikpur, Surakhpur and Issapur villages in West Delhi (near Haryana border, after Najafgarh).
- Jia Sarai - Migrated from Jharauda Kalan.
- Maidan Garhi near IGNOU.
- Mangolpur Kalan in North-West Delhi.
Distribution in Rajasthan
Villages in Bharatpur district
Villages in Alwar district
Villages in Karauli district
Villages in Kota district
Locations in Jaipur city
Airport Colony, Banipark, Bapu Nagar, Brahmpuri, C-Scheme, Imliwala Phatak, Khatipura, Murlipura Scheme, Narayan Nagar, Sanganer, Station Road, Tonk Road, Uniyaron ka Rasta,
Villages in Jaipur district
Dagar (डागर) Jats live in villages: Aliwas (1), Amli ki Dhani (1), Bagru Khurd (1), Boraj (बोराज), Chauru (1), Kacholya (3), Laxminarayanpura (100), Mahlan Jaipur, Mohabbatpura (20), Mordi (3), Nasnota, Sanwa ka Bas (1),
Distribution in Madhya Pradesh
Villages in Ratlam district
Villages in Ratlam with population of Dagar gotra are:
Villages in Dewas district
Villages in Harda district
Villages in Morena district
Villages in Gwalior district
Villages in Sheopur district
Distribution in Haryana
Villages in Palwal district
Villages in Bhiwani district
Villages in Rohtak district
Villages in Faridabad district
Villages in Gurgaon district
Villages in Sonipat district
Villages in Jhajjar district
Villages in Karnal district
Villages in Bhiwani district
Jagrambass tehsil Badhara
Distribution in Pakistan
According to 1911 census, the following were the principal Muslim Jat clans:
- Praveen Dagar MLA Hathin Vidhan Sabha , Haryana
- Shiva Dagar actor in Bollywood movies from Mangolpur Kalan Delhi
- Phateh Singh Dagar - IAS, Haryana cader.
- Sh. Pardeep Dagar - IAS, Special Secretary to Govt. Haryana, Secondary Education Department, Haryana, Panchkula. Hails from villege More Kheri, Rohtak, and first IAS from the village.
- Baba Haridas - Dagar Gotra
- Tej Singh Dagur (ठाकुर तेजसिंह भटावली), from Bhatawali (भटावली), Bharatpur was a Social worker in Rajasthan.
- Ram Prasad Dagur (मुंशी राम प्रसाद) from Gopalgarh (गोपालगढ़), Bharatpur was a Social worker in Rajasthan.
- Gulab Singh Dagur (हवलदार गुलाबसिंह डागुर), from Khanswara (खंसवारा), Kumher,Bharatpur was a Social worker in Rajasthan.
- Lt General Shri Vali Dagur - Highest Military Officer. 
- Pravesh Devi Dagur - Smt Pravesh Devi Dagur from village Dhidhora (ढिढोरा) tehsil Hindon district Karauli in Rajasthan was awarded with President of India's Jiwan Raksha Rashtriya Award for her bravery on 22-06-2006 by saving life of a five year child and her mother from drowning in Kalisil Dam on Kailadevi pilgrimage in Karauli district in Rajasthan. Other awards she got were Samaj Ratna Award - 2006, Yuva Ratna Award - 2006, Sarv Deshik Arya Yuvak Parishad's Late sh. Laxmi Narayan Virangana Samman - 2007. Ref-Jat Vikas Patrika, September 2008, p.49
- Saheed Captain Prithivi Singh Dagar - From Malikpur Najafgarh, Road from Jafar Pur to Malikpur and beyond is named after him he was an army officer and sacrifice his life with a fight with chinese extremist at sikkim (Nathulla Darra) in 1962 war. He got bravery awards posthumously Vir Chakra from rashtarpati.
- Late Dr. Chand Ram Dagur - from Bagru village from Sonipat ,he had also won awards for best citizenship & he was also a social worker & activist member of Jat society.
- Sher Singh Dagar - Sher Singh Dagar (शेर सिंह डागर) was born in a family of farmers on 2.2.1950 in Delhi. He got educated in Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, University of Delhi. In his career he fought for the student community and initiated the creation of south campus of University of Delhi, played vital role in establishment of evening shifts in DU colleges , degree for college of arts students & its affiliation with DU. He fought for govt. employees for implementation of Pay Commission in the year of 1985-87. He also fought for the farmers of Delhi not to acquire their agriculture land by Delhi Govt. or DDA and fought for various issues related to urbanized villages such as house tax through panchayats etc which resulted in introduction of unit area system in villages & other areas & exemption of house tax to residents who are the original owners in the concerned villages. He is continuously fighting against price rise, corruption & other area problems. He is associated with many Institutes in the field of social service.
- Mahavir Singh Dagar - IAS 1984 batch , P S Narmada and Water Resources Department, Gujarat, Add Chief Secretary, Gujarat, From Bharatpur, M: 9978406129
- Ramdhan Dagar: IRS IT 2013 batch, M: 9996330696, 9540932995
- Satish Dagar - Dy.S.P. CBI who probed the Baba Ram Rahim rape case and sent him to Jail. डेरा प्रमुख गुरमीत राम रहीम मामले को अंजाम तक पहुंचाने वाला असली हीरो ....सीबीआई के जाबांज़ डीएसपी सतीश डागर न होते तो यह केस अपने मुकाम पर नहीं पहुंच पाता. सतीश डागर ने ही साध्वियों को सामने आने के लिए मानसिक रूप से तैयार किया था. सतीश डागर नहीं होते ये लोग खौफ का सामना नहीं कर पाते. सतीश डागर पर भी बहुत दबाव पड़ा, मगर वे नहीं झुके. बड़े-बड़े आईपीएस ऐसी हिम्मत नहीं जुटा पाते हैं मगर डीएसपी सतीश डागर ने कमाल का साहस दिखाया है. पहले पंचकूला से सीबीआई की कोर्ट अंबाला में थी. जब ये लोग वहां सुनवाई के लिए जाते थे तब वहां भी बाबा के समर्थकों की भीड़ आतंक पैदा कर देती थी. हालत यह हो गई कि जिस दिन सुनवाई होती थी और बाबा की पेशी होती थी उस दिन अंबाला पुलिस लाइन के भीतर एसपी के ऑफिस में अस्थायी कोर्ट बनाया जाता था. छावनी के बाहर समर्थकों का हुजूम होता था. ऐसी हालत में उन दो साध्वियों ने गवाही दी और डटी रहीं, आसान बात नहीं उस बाबा के खिलाफ जिससे मिलने कांग्रेस, भाजपा के बड़े-बड़े नेता सलामी देने जाते हैं. 
- Diksha Dagar (18) - Second Indian golfer to win on Ladies European Tour
- Comrade Dalip Singh Dagar ( Samaspur Khalsa )
- Jat Samaj: Agra, April 2000
Back to Jat Gotras